Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

What would you recommend?

When it comes to payware i have always purchased aircraft add-on. I would never see myself pay to make my sim look good, I always told myself that systems are what im paying for( How blind i was).Anyways now i told myself that I have an aircraft payware in every category for my flying and now want to enhance the looks of the sim. The only non aircraft add-on I have is activesky, so now im wondering what would you recommend as an enhancer, something that's a good bang for my buck so to speak. I really want to make my sim look good but for the time being i can only invest in one payware program for now(fatherly duty lol).So what would you recommend?Thank you very much.P.S I have a few freeware programs to enhance the sime like glacier bay, Some terrain mesh, but that's about it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest DK8290

Ultimate Terrain - Canada/Alaska , USA or Europe depending on where you fly. Adds accurate roads, coastal shapes, river and bodies of water to the sim over huge areas. Also adds cool night lighting which are actual lights http://www.scenerysolutions.com/index.htmlSample of what Ultimate Terrain (Canada) does for fs2004 - St John , New Brunswick (fs004 shot and google map shot)St_John_NB_ultimateterrain_comparison.gifGround Environment Prohttp://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=geproNice and realistic world textures for all seasons and even weather conditions (ie, save coloured variations based on sunny,overcast etc which can be loaded before flight.Active Sky 6.5 ... excellent real-world weather and cloud addon. Also has a button to load the related Ground Environment Pro textures for the weahther conditionshttp://www.hifisim.com/FSGeneis mesh as the 3d shapes of the land underneath all of the abovehttp://www.fsgenesis.com/-------------I like what the freeware Real Environment Pro does but it's a matter of taste. I can't find a link tyo it right now.

Thank you very much for the info, Ill go check these programs out.P.S that's a cool flashing picture, really shows what ultimate terrain can do.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

:( Now I'm torn between ground environment pro and ultimate terrain canadaSo many options, so little money :) :) :)

Well I went ahead and got ground environment 2006, not the pro version.Now to go test it out.

I know you were talking about sceneries here, and I may be too late with my comments, but do you use Radar Contact 4? I just bought it a couple of months ago and the learning curve turned out to not be nearly as steep as I thought it was.It's been a huge positive addition to the flight experience for me, and I would easily choose to fore-go new sceneries for RC. In fact, I just uninstalled my Ultimate Terrain which many here consider a "must have, and I'm still flying 'happy'. But now that I've finally made the plunge? I could never go without Radar Contact again!