Sign in to follow this  
Guest iFLYrc

Box on runway

Guest iFLYrc

There is a small building located on the KTEX runway in my FS9. This may have been added froman add-on scenery or from the default. How can I remove this object from the runway?

Guest LeeWang

You can download excbuilderv2 (File name: excbuilderv2.zip) from Avsim, and you can exclude most everything.You'll need the fsconnect.dll module for excbuilder to work.I just made the exclude bgl for you, so download it, install it, and your building will be gone. Lee

There is no building on the runway (even with autogen maxed out) in the default KTEX so I suspect it is indeed from a scenery addon.It almost sounds as if the author of a Telluride enhancement had you just dump everthing in your Addon scenery/scenery subfolder rather than make a separate scnery entry.The exclude which was made for you may or may not remove that building so you really need to search your system for a leftover file.

Guest LeeWang

Their is a building on my runway, with default sceneryAnyways, the exclude bgl I made, will remove the building in this picture, if that is the building you're talking about.I suspect, if you modifiy the AFCAD file, and move the ILS, this building will be placed in the correct location?Leehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186481.jpg

Guest iFLYrc

That's the buiding. And your exclude file removed it. Thanks...

My apologies gentlemen - I had forgotton that I had made my own exclude several years ago that removed the ill placed building. That is why I was not seeing it now.The placement of the ILS in Afcad should have no bearing whatsoever on whether the building displays in the correct location or not.

Guest Albatross7107

It may.The XML includes an element "visual model" for both ILS and VOR. WIth it the model specified will be placed at the exact location given in the original "AFCAD". However, if one opens the airport with AFCAD and then saves it, that element shouldn't survive the translation as the visual model was never incorporated into AFCAD's abilities.Again, this is all predicated on the notion that this "ILS Shed" is being placed there by the "Visual Model" element and not the usual "Library Object" code that's used to "spawn" every other non-autogen object in FS9