Sign in to follow this  
tnbriggs

Flight restart

I've Googled this subject and searched here and can't find anything about a way to keep FS9 from restarting the flight after an aircraft (not program) crash. I'm trying to figure out why I can't land the POSKY 767 Delta and think if I could replay the approach it might help. I've tried to pause after the crash and then go to the menu (alt) but that yields nothing. Any ideas? Thanks.tnbriggs

Guest LeeWang

Have you checked "Ignore crashes and damage" in the Realism screen? Click "aircraft" "Realism Settings" then "Ignore crashes and damage".Not sure if that's what your after? Lee

When the sceen goes blank just press the ALT key (you need to be fairly quick) then go to the menu and replay. Rob

Rob Prest

Try the Autosave program by Pete Dowson - autosave.zip Available here in the library -It saves your flight at regular intervals (user defined) so you can more easily retry that crashed landing or quickly recover from other problems.

You could also try a manual save on your approach,preferably, at a point to make adjustments to speed ,flaps,heding,etc.Ron

Ron Service

HiAs Rob told you, press the alt key immidiately after the crash, and you can still use Instant replay.RegardsHenrik

HelloI think Lee's suggestion is the one to go for.Then you wont have to worry about being quick on the ALT key.AIRCRAFT realism settings is the one you want.Also Pete(FSUIPC man)Dowson's Auto save as mentioned above is very useful in these situations.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks to all for your advice. I was able to replay the attempted landings and see what to correct and have now successfully landed several times.

Andy he wanted to be able to watch his Landing so he could learn from his mistake not turn off crashes.Rob

Rob Prest

>Andy he wanted to be able to watch his Landing so he could>learn from his mistake >not turn off crashes.>>RobHello RobI thought he wanted to prevent the flight from automatically restarting when he bit the tarmac,anyway PDs Autosave will also allow the replaying of failed approaches and landings.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077