Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Annoying Altitude Horn!

I have the a340 panel designed by FSpanelstudios (the one that has over 40,000 downloads on AVSIM) and it's a great panel. But the altitude horn is going to cause the breakup of my family! I've searched all the sound files I can think of but can't find this thing to delete it. Does anyone know which file this is? I've looked in the FS Sound directory and also the A340 sub sound directory that comes with the panel but it still eludes me. Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Guest flynman3

Can't stand reality...HuH!!!......delete the whole panel and problem solved.

Can you be more descriptive of the sound which you find offensive?And under what circumstances you hear it?I just did a test flight using that panel and never heard an altitude horn.

Guest ThrottleUp

Its most likely a gauge thats causing this. If you have FSPanel Studio (FSPS) its very easy to sort out. When you load the panel in FSPS you might see some purple-coloured boxes - these are "hidden" gauges - just delete the relevant ones them and save the panel. Hint: Click on them one by one and note the filename which is often descriptive.I have used this method to get rid of similar annoying sounds from my payware & freeware planes. Some of them were so loud that I regarded them as a danger when using headphones. I immediately got rid of them and now alls good. Im not promising that this is the way to get rid of the sounds from this particular panel but its well worth a try.Remember to back up your current panel.cfg before tinkering.While they do exist in real life in the real plane not everyone wants to fly this sim with 100000000000000% reality. Its the ability to customise the sim to cater for all our different tastes that makes it great :)

well I don't have FSPS but could get it. It probably is a gauge as none of my other panels do it. The other sounds are just find, but thiso one makes my hair stand on end. Thanks for in the info.

It sure would be helpful to know "when" you hear that sound -

I hear it about 1000 ft from my pre-set altitude.Hear it again when I start my decent. There is a guage in the panel.cfg which makes reference to 'althorn' and I'll bet that's the culprit. I wasn't looking for a gauge but rather a sound file. I'll work on this and see.

I am begining to think I am not looking at the same panel you are as I see no reference to althorn at all.Are you using - ab340km_panel.zip - from the library here - Or some other file ?

no, that's the one, I'm sure. If you look in the panel.cfg in the gauges there is one that makes reference to "althorn". I'm pretty sure this is the same panel. It also installs it's own a340 sound folder seperately, but this sound does not come from any of those files.

I just checked again - no reference at all to althorn in Ken's panel - I also looked just for horn and nothing.After taking several test flights, I have yet to hear what you are hearing.This must be a case of two differing panels.Another thought: Are you absolutely sure your aircraft.cfg file is referencing the new panel?I changed the panel (Ken's) name to panel.A340 (before I added it to the aircraft folder) and then changed the panel= line in my aircraft.cfg file to read panel=A340Worth double checking?

>I just checked again - no reference at all to althorn in>Ken's panel - I also looked just for horn and nothing.>>After taking several test flights, I have yet to hear what you>are hearing.>>This must be a case of two differing panels.>>Another thought: Are you absolutely sure your aircraft.cfg>file is referencing the new panel?>>I changed the panel (Ken's) name to panel.A340 (before I added>it to the aircraft folder) and then changed the panel= line in>my aircraft.cfg file to read panel=A340>>Worth double checking?>>I checked again and I'm convinced it's the same panel. In the panel.cfg, gauge 29 reference "althorn". If this isn't the same panel, it's extremely close to the one you're looking at. I just called the panel directory "panel" and loaded into the applicable aircraft.

Has to be a different panel.There are two 29's in Ken Mitchell's (ab340km_panel.zip) and they read:[Window00]gauge29=Z_AB340KM!RMI 2 Switch, 888,566,33,10 and[Window01]gauge29=Z_AB340KM!StartJet3, 1243,441,24,24When this thread first started you stated you were using the panel which had over 40 thousand downloads and ab340km_panel.zip is the only one that I see which meets that criteria.

HelloGood heavens you've got me interested in this problem now.I have had a look throught the a340 panel downloads and i found this panel by Dani Setyadi and looking in the zip file i found this....- Airbus_A340_panel_V1.1/Gauges/ID_AltHorn.gau .Could the panel you are using be this one?cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Have also found this in the panel cfg.... gauge29=ID_AltHorn, 85,390,21,18...I think you mentioned that particular line.Also in the download folder there was a Gauges folder with the ALTHORN gauge in it (amongst others)perhaps you could locate that file in you main gauges folder and remove it or rename it temporarily and see if that stops the loud altitude alert noise.Somebody with more knowledge than me can tell you weather removing this gauge file will cause any problems.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077