Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

FS9, new computer and Mega Scenery

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all, Well, finally have the new Asus Maximus MB, and QX9650 and 8800GTS 512 in great working order, using FS9 it just flies . . .unbelievable 150 FPS when set on unlimited with a minor OC of 3.45GHz and the thing isn't even breathing hard....a temp of 35C with FS9 on full load with full sliders and Level D 767 in the air over Boston V2 scenery.(that is the ASUS prob taking the temp.The puter works great, and everything is just as Intel, Asus and EVGA intended and designed, however there is one problem which is bugging me.I have tried to reinstall all my Mega Scenery, (all on CD/DVD and I have all of their offerings, (so it is considerable to loss if I do) and when I do, I get the message: D:/ (D is where my DVD writer and player is) is not a Win 32 application. What gives>?Also, this is the ONLY CD/DVD player I have installed, (I have more just haven't installed them or sure I need to) and once in awhile the windows explorer section of my files shows a F:/ cd rom.....only problem is, I have NO F: or other CD rom on the system.....and all of this will not let me install my scenery.I have installed tons of aircraft which I have the CD's and DVD's for and NO problem . . . any idea of what is going on?Thanks in advance,Clay http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

If you have not already done so, why not try posting your problem on the Hardware forum.

Guest SoarPics

why not try posting your problem on the Hardware forum.Hopefully this thread will be moved there soon enough.I get the message: D:/ (D is where my DVD writer and player is) is not a Win 32 application.This could be as simple as the new DVD device not reading discs made on your previous burner. Also, this error message comes up alot when the disc is damaged. Finally, If you use Nero that app's InCD will often not like a disc and give this message.An easy test is to copy the contents of one of your "unhappy" discs to another computer that will read it, then burn a fresh CD/DVD and try it in your new system.Good luck,

Guest B52Drivr

Greg and all,while waiting for an answer, I just started goofing around. Keep in mind this is the 'factory cd', not a download, all my bought scenery if I can get it that way is on CD or DVD. Second, again, just for grins I tried different CD players, DVD players and DVD burners, and even uninstalled the 'inCD' to make sure.On a whim, I tried to explore the DVD through windows explorer, it let me in, would not install when clicking setup. Last ditch effort before saying 'F*&$ it, I tried to copy and paste it to my C drive HD, and to my E drive partition.....both copied. Low and behold, clicking on the setup, it installed............NOW FIGURE THAT ONE OUT LOL Oh the joys of flight simulation LOLThanks for all of your responses and your efforts guys....and it also will NOT install on another stock Dell computer.....imagine that.Best to all and thanks again, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Holy... The 'Drac'ula has arisen!!! Got a new cell phone and lost your number...email me your contact at michael(at)toussaintonline.net and I'll help ya out over the phone if you've got time. BTW, the woman wants a horsie so call me and lets talk about what its going to cost me (or not)CYAMike T.