Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

Help - freeware commander broke FS!

I just installed the new freeware commander, and now fs2002 is completely broken. Whenever I select any aircraft, I get a black screen and my computer locks up. Then I get an HGHB Gauge error in windows saying "Open Regsitry Write"I need to uninstall all the files that program put on my computer. I think the culprit is hjpgauges.cab.Does anyone know where I can get a working copy of this file? If someone has it could it be sent to me at Craig31@adelphia.net. It overwrote my old one and now NOTHING works. I just want to uninstall this plane and just get back to a working program without re-installing.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest simnut

Did you by chance unzip the HGHBgauge.cab file? There are two gauge files that you need for the commander:HGHBgauge.cabST_500.cabBoth of these are to be put into the gauge folder within FS2002 as you get them. DO NOT unzip these files.....place them as they are. Hope this helps out in some way.Harry

Graig sorry to hear that you run into some troubles but please see your inbox with instructions also forwarded the mail to get you more help, because it's very late here local but we are sitting on both sides of the Atlantic :-)Don't worry we help you with this one and even to fly it...Andr

André

Well, I deleted and replaced the file 4 times, and now everything seems to work fine now, even the Commander. Thanks for the help. Not sure what happened, but everything is back working now hopefully for good.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Milton

Craig,There are over 13,000 users of this aircraft now. I suspect the issue is with unzipping the .cab files.Andre forwarded you the gauge set by email. Place the file in your FS2002/Gauges folder intact... do not unzip it.Both of these files are in your original aircraft zip if you still have it.If both were unzipped, you will also need to copy/paste the ST_500.cab to your FS2002/Gauges folder as well.If a visual instruction is needed to make this more clear, see the files included in your package called aircraftinstallation.jpg and gaugeinstallation.jpgLet me know if you need other assistance.Milton

Graig glad to hear that it's solved :-)Have fun and happy flying and we hope that you enjoy the commander...Andr

André

Guest Milton

LOL Craig,I guess we were posting at the same time. I'm happy you got it working okay.Warm RegardsMilton

Guest Rockcliffe

Wonderful plane guys, but I find it makes an incredible hit on my frame rates. I wonder if this is common.Is the Commander that much more complex than your Dash 7 (One of the best aircraft in my hangar, BTW. Thanks)I don't have a high end machine (PIII, 1.0 Ghz, 256 Mb and Radeon 7000) but still manage satisfactory frame rates of 15-20 in the 2d cockpit view with most add ons. But the Commander drops it to 2-3 fps.Any suggestions?BlairCYOW

Guest DaveKDEN

Just wanted to sneak in a well deserved "THANKS" for the Commander. Another outstanding job by Milton and team!

Regarding the framerate hits..What are Op system are you running? We havent experienced anything like this before? Did you allow the zip to install, or did you extract it manually?Scott

Guest simnut

I'm flying the Commander with a PIII 650, and an ATI Rage 128, with no noticable hits on frame rate. This one has me stumped......Harry

Guest Milton

Blair...That is totally unreasonable. There is an issue somewhere.I design and run these aircraft on this old 350mhz AMD and in the 2D cockpit I hit 11-12 my fps limit with a PCI card. I get 6-7 fps in VC mode.Give us more info or write to Scott directly. We'll see what we can do.Milton

Guest Milton

Also, how much memory in your video card, and what screen resolution are you running?Milton

Guest Rockcliffe

Wow. You guys are great.My OS is Windows ME, the ATI 7000 is a 32 MB PCI card.One issue I discovered was the 3rd party King Air sound file I'd aliased the commander to. Turning the sound off bumped up my frame rates a notch.By lowering the sliders, reducing AI traffic and a few other tweaks I've got acceptable frame rates (12-15 at Meigs on the 2d panel, but still dropping to between 5 and 8 fps in the VC and in spot view.) That's lower than I get with the Dash 7, but good enough for my humble needs.I did have some install problems, foolishly unzipping the gauge files before realizing the error, deleting them and installing the two gauge CAB files correctly.Please don't take my original post as a complaint. Quite the opposite. Your team has down amazing work and I and a thousand other simmers are grateful.BlairOttawa, Canada (where, I might add, that the prototype Dash 7 and Twin Otter reside at the Canadian Aviation Museum)