Sign in to follow this  
claviermichel

Airport details

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,Years ago I remember there was a small application which could extract all information about a given airport ie all coms, atis, runways, ils, etc and display the infos in a very detailed manner. Could even print the infos. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of this app. Could someone help please?By the way there may be some newer program which give detailed info on a given airport in FS9 any advice would be welcome.Best regards

AFCAD by Lee Swordy? A must have. Do a search here in the library for it -- or Google AFCAD by Lee Swordy.

In FS9, Go to World then Map. Zoom in/out to find the airport desired then click the cursor on that airport (or facility) you wish info for, then click for specific info- ie Airport etc.All seems to be there! Very handy.Alex Reid

Guest Jetfan

Michael,Years ago, there was a gauge called 'Runway Info' made by Ernie Alston. It seems to go into whatever sim you have and finds the 'airports' database, and creates 2 files which remain in your FS main folder. One file is 'Pnavdata', the other 'Prwydata'. The gauge itself is just a text phrase RWY INFO, which you must install in your panel(s). When you click on it, it brings up a menu box where you can search for the desired airport, or enter autopilot information, etc. When you enter an aiport ID, it will show all the listed runways, ILS, LOC, BACKCOURSE and frequencies. It has been a very useful gauge for me, and better yet, the data files it creates can be edited by you to add ATIS info, or elevation info, fuel....etc.I don't know if the file is still available at AVSIM but it is at Flightsim with a filname: rwyinfog.zipIt was good up through FS9. Don't know about FSX. Worth a try.Hope this is what you were looking for.Cheers,Bob

There also used to be an app called "Airport's Chart Viewer" which worked for me in FS2000 and 2002, but I could never get to work in FS9.scott s..

Hi Guys,Thanks a lot for the valuable information. Meantime doing some research on my own I tracked down an app which was working in FS2002 called AB12b.zip written by Michel A. Mettling. I emailed Michel last night asking him whether he had plans to upgrade this app for FS9 and FSX.Michael

FSNavigator does this while in flight, too. Was that what you were thinking about?

Thanks Chuck. I know FS Navigator well. And yes it has this possibility but it was not the program I was looking for. After days of research I found out that there is an app called ab12b.zip fro, Michel A. Mettling. Quite neat I would say as it can be used during flight preparation to set all instruments and to get a detailed report of the runways' numbering, length etc, ILS, Navaids, coms, and others about the airport you are flying from or to.Now if you experts know about another app giving all these details (most probably extracted from the bgl files) put in a nice format, please post your findings.Best regards

Hello there,I finally found a gauge which gives all the info I need on airports. The GUI is a bit confusing and the numerous colors make it looks like a christmas tree but the deetails are there. I am talking about talal_s_map30.zip which can be found in the Avsim library.Does anyone of you use it and what do you think? are there similar apps, gauges or alike available which give that amount of details?ThanksBest regards

Guest tango papa

Glenn Copeland has a gauge, (salsv9.zip) which shows closest A/P, Runway headings, and BC. It also assists lining up for the approach, and shows glide path, also. It's very easy to use, and works very well.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain