Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Vista liners and FFX Perfomance question

I have both ffx and vistaliners 737 models and i was wondering if i could transfer the CFG that controls the performance of the FFX 737 into the Vistaliner model.The reason i ask is that the older FFX models cruise at the correct speeds ie mach 76-80 without the engines seeming to strain,but the Vistaliners model at the same cruising speed nave an N1 figure that never seems to drop from the mid to high eighties and up to ninety percent levels and the engines sound very strained(at least to me)The FFX models are much more relaxed.Is this possible i am not sure which file controls the performance ie the AIR file or MODEL file or other.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Horatio,The .AIR file provides all the flight performance data for the specific aircraft type. The .CFG file provides the details for each different paint (livery), plus it can override or modify much of the content of the .AIR file.I would go ahead and swap .CFG files and see what happens. There's no way to know without trying it. If the FFX and Vistaliner birds have different MODEL files, it probably means slightly different geometry. In that case, you may also have to copy the (Lights) and (Contact Points) sections from the Vistaliner .CFG to the FFX .CFG to make it look right.Let us know how it all works out.Regards,JerryH

Thanks JerryI have found an updated FDE(i think thats what its called )for VistaLiners here at AVSIM.At first i could not work out how to install it correctly and all i succeeded in doing was removing the aircraft from the FS selection list,but as with all these things i find if i leave it for a while and then go back and not try to hurry i can often or not get it sorted which is what i have done.The VLs 737 has now calmed down in cruise ie at mach75 i am getting N1 figures of approx low sixties to low eighties percent rather than high eighties and even nineties which i was before and that was even when i reduced to mach 72 73 74 FFX and vistaliners have common heritage and i really like these models but boy i have had to do a lot fiddling to get them right.Mind you as a plus i have learnt more new stuff about textures,alpha textures de-greying pilots etc so all helps increase knowledge.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077