Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

Using FSUIPC To Setup Joystick Contro Axes For Dummies?

Guest machammer

Is there such a manual. After posting problems I am having with Satek yoke and throttle in the Hardware forum I decided to try and program the Control axes through FSUIPC. This is much harder than I thought. Or maybe I just can't understand it. I have no problem setting buttons with FSUIPC.Has anyone used FSUIPC to setup the Saitex Control Axes? If so can I get some help?Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

I have used FSUIPC for many years Bill and do calibrate my Saitek X36 through it but don't actually assign the axis via FSUIPC.Say what you are trying to achieve, or are having trouble with and collectively we may be able to help.

Guest machammer

Vulcan,I'm not sure this is a hardware or software issue. I am using the Saitek Yoke and Throttle with FSX with no problems. However, with FS2004 I can't get it to work at all. Meaning I setup the Throttle, Prop and Mixture in FS2004 for two engines just like I did for FSX. The controls just do not respond or move at all. I deleted the FS9.cfg and device.cfg to start over from scratch but nothing works. It is like the sim doesn't recognize the axes. But I think it sees the buttons on the controllers. I'll have to check that again. I'm not sure that FSUIPC will work either if the sim is not seeing the axes. I'll check the buttons and post again.Thanks for your reply. I hope I can get some help from the forum.Bill

When I tried to use my Saitek Throttle and Joystick (I don't have their Yoke) with FSX (worked fine in FS2004) I had to get new drivers from the Saitek site.Is it possible the reverse might be true?

I use the CH throttle quadrant/yoke/rudder combination. I suggest for best results to NOT instal the software that came with your Saitek hardware. Unassign any axes in FS9 and select "disable joystick" in FS9.This might sound drastic, but you can then use FSUIPC to program everything directly. You wont get conflicting signals and it works a treat.It will take some effort to set up all your planes for the first time, but once its done you are set to go.Have a look at the manual that comes with FSUIPC and any problems try Pete Dowsons forum.Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest machammer

Lee,Thanks for the link to the manual. It really cleared alot up. I even got the problem solved by setting the axes up in FSUIPC. Don't no why FS2004 didn't set it up but that's not an issue now. I was not using the software that came with the Saitek. I stop using that right from the beginning.New Saitek drivers maybe the problem but I'm afraid to try anything at this point since it's working. Maybe later.Thanks again to all who replied. I do appreciate your help.Bill