Sign in to follow this  
MrHoward

Pete Dowson - time to show your appreciation

To everyone who uses FSUIPC,Pete Dowson - the author of FSUIPC - has opened a support page for FSUIPC over at simflight.com. I'm sure the chaps here at AvSim won't mind me mentioning this. On that site you will find a link to a page where you can make a financial contribution to show Peter how much you appreciate his efforts.This is a donationware site. FSUIPC remains free and Pete wishes to keep it this way for as long as he can. But, he's now working full-time on making FSUIPC work with FS9 (for which I'm sure we'll all be very grateful in a few months when it's released) and feels that some financial encouragement would help him in his endeavours (my words, not his).Please visit http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54 (you will need to register before you can post) and help Pete carry on with his good work. You can also post questions about FSUIPC and Pete's other software on this new support Forum.Thank you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest etanin

As soon as I saw that the other day I could not get my credit card fast enough. I have spent money on all kinds of addons that do not work or will not work on newer versions of FS. I am VERY selective on what I buy now, but I have to say the money I sent to Peter is the best money I have ever spent!(Of course other than FS). With no Peter and Fsuipc just think were we would all be.Money well spent and for years to come.

Just made my donation and felt that it was worth every dime. Keep up the fantastic work Pete!While I am glad to support Pete in his endeavors, to a certain extent I feel that in donating I am subsidizing payware developers. They are directly benefiting from the use of freeware (now donationware) that I support. Just my (additional) two cents.Dennis

Guest byoung

I made my donation this morning...I hope everyone that uses FSUIPC and Pete's other Awesome Utilities will donate! Barry

It would be nice to see some of the companies who have developed payware and shareware addons that rely on FSUIPC put their hands in their pockets and sling a buck or two in Pete's direction. One of the biggest beneficiaries would be Microsoft who sell bucketsful of FS in various incarnations simply because addons are viable. How about it Bill?Without FSUIPC, addon developers would not have a product.

Guest byoung

Agree, Mr Bill should show his appreciation!Barry

Hi Ray,Long time no speak ;)I fully agree with you and have made a donation.Take care,Egbert Drenth

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I don't think that it is donationware it's freeware but if people feel that they can support someone that gave so much to everybody they should. But on the other hand companies that use FSUIPC have the moral obligation to contribute without expecting any retribution, FSUIPC is enough.Jos

Hi Egbert and everyone,Nice to hear from you too Egbert - we go back many years and I hope you're keeping well and enjoying our favourite hobby.I totally agree with the comments by Dennis, Jose, Andy and Barry in that commercial developers owe a big debt of gratitude to Pete and should show it in the customary way. Gratitude is welcome but it doesn't buy a loaf of bread! :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

bump.AvSim staff, could you please consider locking this on page 1 for a couple of weeks please? I think it's a worthy enough cause.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest byoung

Bump,AVSIM needs to add a headliner article as many of their sponsors use FSUIPC.Barry

Ray,We all know how much Pete's work has meant to the MSFS community. It was pure "JOY" to make a donation to a work that means so much to the addon community.Pete has dipped his toe right down to the bowls of MSFS code and helped us have a much better simming experience.Thanks for helping the community understand just how much Pete means to us all.Bob Johnson

Andre,Thank you very much for your contribution.Everyone, ask yourself one question - "If I took FSUIPC off my PC how much would it affect things?". More than you would think I suspect.In fact, why not try it for 24 hours and see the effect? Could be a bit of an eyeopener!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

bump...AvSim staff - please lock this to the front page. Surely Pete's Dowson is a worthy enough cause given that he has been awarded AvSim's highest award for the quality of his contributions to the FS community.Thank you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather