Sign in to follow this  
MrHoward

Pete Dowson - time to show your appreciation

hi allme too.for all peters hard work.had to reach for the credit card. best wishes steve

Guest sbdwag

Not only for the end user. But the question also needs to be asked. How many vendors would be able sell their software without FSUIPC. We have all freeloaded on Mr. Dawsons product and the Vendors of FS addons are not exempt. If fact they are the only ones who have profited on Mr. Dawsons generosity. I feel that a large portion of the burden also falls on themDennis

Dennis,Well said! I totally agree and I'm sure that many of them will make a contribution. I know of one already who has made a very generous contribution but I have no intention of naming either the contributor or the amount.BTW, it's Dowson - not Dawson ;-)Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Nice one Steve - thanks :-) To all who have contributed so far - thank you very much. I know Pete will be very grateful. To anyone who hasn't - please reconsider. It would be a shame if Pete was forced to go commercial. The more that make a contribution the smaller the chance he'll have to consider that option.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Nice one Steve - thanks :-) To all who have contributed so >far - thank you very much. I know Pete will be very >grateful. To anyone who hasn't - please reconsider. It would >be a shame if Pete was forced to go commercial. The more >that make a contribution the smaller the chance he'll have >to consider that option. Considering the number of commercial addons that simply wouldn't exist without Pete's programs, I should think the commercial developers would be at the forefront in providing financial support for his development efforts.**Disclaimer: The above is my personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of AVSIM.COM or other staff members.Now, that said, I will certainly contribute what I can! :)

Bill,Thank you for your message and for making a contribution.Essentially I agree with you that the commercial beneficiaries should head the list so let's start the ball rolling. I'd like anyone who is using a FS commercial utility which relies on FSUIPC to work and isn't listed below to add its name to this thread. Hopefully those companies (or representatives of those companies) will visit this thread and do the honorable thing.However, the private individual also has a responsibility to support Pete and I would urge anyone who had read this and moved on without contributing to think again and examine their consciences. Think about the benefits FSUIPC (and of course, all the other utilities Pete produces) gives you.Enough said... here's my starting list...FSMeteoFSTrafficBoard (v2.0)ActiveSkyCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

well, reagrding the list: this sounds a little bit like defamation, doesn't it? hence, I do not add anybody to this list although I second the thought that the designer shall mainly support pete. having said this, I point you to the list at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and donate some bucks...CheersPhilCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpgAMD XP 2700+, 512 MB, ASUS A7N8X, GF4 440, 17" TFT

Phil,Defamation? Why would you suggest that? It was just the names of some software packages which rely on FSUIPC to work. My limited list has now been made redundant because of the full list provided on Enrico's site.Now that AvSim has made a point of bringing people's attention to Pete contribution to the community I feel no need to continue this thread. As far as making a contribution is concerned I did this last Friday - before I posted my message here.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just made my donation! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi