Sign in to follow this  
Guest swadeep

FS9 OOM error fix using the 3GB switch./usernova

Guest swadeep

Hi guys. Recently i fixed the OOM (so far so good, fingers crossed) after reading the post on how to do it by adding 3GB switch and usernova=2560 etc etc..anyway now there is a problem outside flight simulator...when i press print screen and try to paste pics in paint..it doesn't work now..it says no enough memmory something like that and also fsscreen doesn't work..when i press print screen it comes up with run time error..i am guessing this must be due to the switch?? i was wondering if you help me out pls...plss not also recently i installed nhancer and fixed aa isssues in fs9...hope to hear from you soonthanksbest wishesswadeep

Guest johnegg

Hi, Im glad the 3GB switch sorted out the OOM problems for you, it did the same for me.Did you delete your normal boot file line ? and only keep the 3GB boot line ?I kept the original and then when I boot I get to choose a normal OS boot or the 3GB one, I just highlight the one I want.This means that if Im not flying I can use the pc for other things with no issues.Im sure someone will be able to correct my lack of technical terms but I hope you understand.Anyway hope this helps.Regards JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbCH Products Yoke & PedalsHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest swadeep

Hi.. Actually i didn't add the line at all. i just continued to type on that line..basically i only have that 3GB line...so i don't get to choose which one i want when i boot..anyway the thing is i wanna be able to take screenshots with fsscreen and all when flying and choosing the normal boot wont help will it because i would be likely to get OOM again..hope you know what i mean.

I think the problem must be specific to FSScreen - have you looked to see if there is a newer version of the program available - perhaps it's already a known issue...Meantime, you could use a different free screengrabber program, there are several of them out there. I personally use GrabClipSave but it's nearly impossible to find a working download for that these days...Geoff

Guest swadeep

hi thanks for ur reply..i dun think it's fsscreen u know cos like i mentioned before i tried pasting it in paint also and it says not enough memory or soemthing like that..oh well let me try with some new application first then can see..In the mean time if anyone else knows anything abt this please let me know..i wud really appreciate it..thanksbest wishesswadeep