Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluesman666

AI aircraft takeoffs

Guest bluesman666

HiI like a lot of AI a/c around, but lost count of the times that an a/c taxies onto the runway, just as I'm about to land !!!Anyone know if there's a way to stop this ?ThanksDave

Yes. Contact the tower and get permission to land. Then they will hold.The other choice is to reload the aircraft by pressing R+++ and then quickly ---, or use the menu to change the time by a bit.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Yeah! Radio Contact with ATC will keep you in tune with the AI aircraft that populate the Skies of Flight Simulator. Now! Be prepared for wave offs or go arounds if you prefer, those AI aircraft take much too long to get their ####'s off the runway. I usuall land without ATC permission if I see them making their turn to exit.the landing area.Bill

AI Smooth solves the problem with too many plane landing. He is talking about another plane taxing onto the runway for takeoff. Must likely he isn't using the default atc so the ai plane won't hold for him.

Even better, pause the sim before you R+++ and ---, so the time acceleration doesn't actually affect your aircraft..... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

He's talking about ground traffic. Maybe it's just me, but AI Smooth doesn't touch ground traffic... As been said, let ATC know you're coming in to land and they'll get AI to hold.

Mike...

Yes if you contact the tower and get permission to land. Then they will hold....but if it's one of those runways where FS ATC thinks the AI a/c has enough time to taxi all the way to the other end of the runway, turn around and take off before you land.....you're going around m8 :-lol