Sign in to follow this  
Guest tappy

Runtime error R6025.....help

Guest tappy

Since installed Flight Deck 5 i now keep getting this error.... "Microsoft visual C++ runtime, error R6025... pure virtual function call!!" I'm not sure if it is related to Flight Deck 5 as it happens even when i'm flying somewhere else as well. I sent an e'mail to abacus telling them of my problem and they replied with a google search link to microsoft, which i had already done, telling me there had been a programing fault with visual C++ done at the compiling stage....that was no help to me!!! This error only happens when using FS9, so I am no nearer to finding a solution to my problem. Has any one else come across this error and found a fix or do i uninstall flight deck 5 and see if it goes away.... Best regards Peter.AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-core 4200+XP media Center EditionAsus ASN-SLI MB3 gig DDR400 MemnVidia 7600 GT Graphics card

Guest N6245MV

That specific error is the result of a bug in the software itself and wouldnt have anything to do with you or your specific system. It is the result of a programming error. Im not sure about flight deck 5 because I dont own it, but I am a programmer. There is nothing you can do about it.

Guest tappy

So as I understand it....a program,(probably a FS9 add-on) has a programming error in it, and is being called by a flag in FS9.exe and causes FS9.exe to crash, and giving me the "runtime error R6025....Fs9.exe". There can't be an error in FS9.exe or everyone would get it! and why has it started to give me the error now. Or could the FS9.exe program on my system become corrupted in some way....Yours totally confused, Peter.

Maybe that "Flight Deck 5" includes a "module", which is a .dll file. When FS9 starts up it loads the module .dlls within its address space and calls it as needed. I assume during such a call the code within the dll is executed and is generating the error in the runtime C++ library.scott s..

Guest N6245MV

Yes, that is exactly what I think is the case as well. Unhandled exceptions and runtime errors in an add on module can, and will, cause your sim to crash. Try to start to isolate the cause by disabling your most recent add on modules in your sim. Also, this is the kind of problem that should be reported to the software developer, in this case the add on developer. I know that when I receive reports that there are problems or potential problems in my software by the testing team, they are promptly addressed, such errors should not make it to the end user, though in some cases they will. So my advice...1. Isolate the cause.2. Report the error to the developer. (or try to)

Guest tappy

I would like to first, thank you for your swift replies to my problem, and secondly coming up with a possible solution. Thinking that no one could help me, (before the last 2 posts that is!) I thought I would try one last remedy and that was to delete the FS9.exe file and replace it with the one on the disk...I had already over written the file before without success, but actually deleting, and copying the original one off the disk seems to have done the trick. surprise, surprise I havn't had any more Runtime error's, it's still early days yet, so I will still keep your advice close to hand...Once again a BIG thank you, it's people like yourselves that keeps me and countless others simming. Best regards, Peter.

Guest N6245MV

Yea, the details provided "Right after installing flight deck 5" made me think it could have been an add on, guess things really can be coincidential. :) I'm glad to hear that your problem is solved (for now). Anyway I try to answer questions using my experience in work and the details provided, sorry my answer didn't help but still, glad to hear something worked for you.

Hi PeterJust found your message while trawling the forums for help with the same error which I have suddenly started getting in the SoCal area and which I hadn't managed to resolve despite lots of messing around with all sorts of files! I thought that a recent reinstallation of KSNA might have been the problem. However I had installed Flight Deck 5 about 6 weeks ago and I had not flown in this area since then, so, having read your message, I decided to deactivate the Flight Deck 5 scenery in fs9 and everything seems ok! So it seems there is definitely some bug in Flight Deck 5 - but this doesn't surprise me as I have had quite a few problems with Abacus addons over the years and I am not quite sure why I still bother with them!Regards,Bill