Sign in to follow this  
Guest FO UFO

Ways to generally improve simming experience

>>Why sell the trackIR because you get a multi monitor setup? They >>complement eachother you know :). Not if you don't fly VCs. :) Gauges are too small in VCs for my eyes, and the moving forward to zoom and pan was annoying for me. I'll stick with 2D cockpits and my custom made minipanels, which TrackIR can't pan and zoom.

That's what I fond the problem with VC's are, It's much too hard to read the instruments. As nice as it looks i wish I could read the numbers without having to zoom, Mind you I dont have trackIR so I have to manually zoom using a button on my CH Yoke.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

With TrackIR I found I had to do a lot of "bobbing and weaving" while concentrating on holding my neck and head fairly level and still. Don't get me wrong, if you like TrackIR, it's a great add on! But for me -- I'm over 50 -- I felt like I was chairdancing and "Walking Like An Egyptian". :) Just couldn't do it for long.

Chuck- Only 50+? Wait 'till you're 75+ ! The greatest feature of Flight Simming is that it seems to be a good prophylaxis against Alzheimer's !!! Now what was I doing before typing this message?Alex Reid

"But for sure if you run in 2D view trackIR is kind of pointless on any monitor. But it

Hey Trelene, each to there own, and everyone likes different things :) But were you aware that you can assign a button to pause TrackIR at any time? I'm a button pusher :) but I have other instruments undocked to separate monitors.Rob

Rob Prest

First, As far at Ultimate Traffic, you will find that it is missing literally dozens of airlines and flight plans. Depending on where you fly, you will have to look elsewhere for AI packages to fill in the gap or else you will find yourself at many an empty airport if you depend on Ultimate Traffic as your only source.Second, you can replace all of the UT models with far better models from AIAardvark, EvolveAI, etc but this will be a VERY long a tedious process. Conversely some diligent searching on your part mayyield hyper-realistic AI Traffic results that blow UT and other payware traffic add-ons out of the water at no cost to you.BTW, you DON'T need a super computer to run 100% AI traffic in FS9. Mike T.

Not sure if this will work but here are a couple of pics of my sim running in VC. If the screens big enough the gauges are quite clear.Rob

Rob Prest

lol par My main view is TrackIR in VC thats my point, best of both worlds ...... I'm gonna go discuss religion with my mates over a few beers.. it's easier :)Roboops maybe you weren't talking to me? Anyway friday night I'm off out. Happy easter all

Rob Prest

Par- For fun, I just looked up photos of the DeHaviland Beaver flight deck in "Airliners. net". They all show quite clearly that real world Beaver pilots (also true for jets) see about 2/3 panel and ONLY 1/3 view when looking ahead. So if we're striving for realism, the Flight Sim 2D triple view forward with 2/3 panel/gauges is pretty realistic! I also have a Boeing 747 glossy photo that shows the panel glare shield very close to eye level! There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. The old ones watch their instruments. There are no old, bold pilots! Regards Alex Reid

Guest abent

I didn't read all the responses as I'm too lazy, but if someone did not suggest SKAI already, allow me to. It is an excellent AI package and free.Can't recall exactly where to find it, but if you decide you want it, and can't find it yourself, let me know and I'll dig through my files and see if I can dig up a link for you.It will give you tons of AI. Another thing to consider, and again, it may have been mentioned, is having a glance at the AFCAD files. Sometimes there just simply aren't enough parking spots to accomodate the aircraft trying to land at a given airport. Hence, they will disappear into the abyss of FS.This should not be the case for commercial airport sceneries as most developers do up the afcad pretty well.Regards,Adam