Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Questions for Overland - Simmer's Sky Users

Hi GuysFirst off.... where are you purchasing your Overland aircraft? I've only found Japanese sites so far.Also, how does the Overland A380 fare? I understand their stuff is 'entry level' when looking at systems etc.EDIT: I've just found them on the SimMarket site, though i'd prefer to buy elsewhere?Thanks

hi Phil, some things I prefer to buy at fspilotshop its a good place if they dont have it there I get it at simmarket, airbus pack http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=973 and heres the boeing one http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=972

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I love the Boeing package because it IS simple -- I do 80% of my flying with the Overland Simmer's Sky stuff, and I'll probably buy the airbus this weekend. I got tired of 200+ page manuals, set ups, preps, planning, switch setting, fuel planning, FMC programming etc., etc., etc. in the more "advanced" aircraft and panels. The Overland Boeings give me the opportunity to get into the air quickly and easily and fly, which is why I originally took up this hobby to begin with, but are much better than the default a/c, and have a lot of repaints available here in the library. (There are a lot for the airbus series I see, too.) I use FDC Cockpit Companion and FSPassenger's and am happier than a pig in . . . well, you know.Bryan Betts is refining the Overland Airbus FDEs more to his liking and has made them available for free here in the AVSIM library. You can check out this thread for more info. There's another, later thread you can search for from him as well.

>I love the Boeing package because it IS simple -- I do 80% of>my flying with the Overland Simmer's Sky stuff, and I'll>probably buy the airbus this weekend. I got tired of 200+>page manuals, set ups, preps, planning, switch setting, fuel>planning, FMC programming etc., etc., etc. in the more>"advanced" aircraft and panels. The Overland Boeings give me>the opportunity to get into the air quickly and easily and>fly, which is why I originally took up this hobby to begin>with, but are much better than the default a/c, and have a lot>of repaints available here in the library. >>Chuck,You're not the only one who feels this way.I also like some of the so called 'Lite' products Overland and also CLS puts out.They may not have every working button and switch, or a full featured FMS etc, but then it does not have an expensive price.I like what CLS, and Overland have done, sort of a mid-range type of add-on, for those of us who want 'some' realism but don't need such a high degree of realism as the higher end products have.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest william273

gotta go with ernie and chuck on this one. i've been flying the defaults for so long they've become a part of me but i do use the VC with Track IR so it makes a difference. i'm probably the only one around still flyin' em but they're easy to get into and fly pretty well. i have a couple CLS aircraft and am very pleased with them also.don't know what the BIG deal is with all this "gotta have everybutton, switch and rivet or it's not real" stuff. give me a break!half of those people probably can't fly the defaults not to mention everyone trying to tell newbies to get PMDG, PSS or whatever right off the bat NOT even knowing if that person has a computer fast enough to run those sims. those are NOT beginner aircraft. william

Many thanks for the detailed replies - appreciated.I got them at the above link. Yes indeed, they make a refreshing change from the heavy duty iron.

I've even started to do my own minipanels and repaints now for these. Didn't have the guts to try on other ones.