Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Matrox Triple Head 2Go Question

Guest ThrottleUp

This TH2G sounds very interesting! Cant say Im familiar with it and Im gonna check it out right now :)BTW Alex I crawled out from my rock the other day - I've been using 2 monitors for a while now but only using the left one for simming keeping the other one for browsing the web etc. However the other day I "discovered" in the nVidia Options that there was a Horizontal Span option so I enabled it, fired up FS9, chose a plane with a nice VC and...O________M________G !!!!!!!!*Awesome* immersion. Where have I been all this time lol. Now I know why people go on about multi-screen simming. And I think at last I will be able to fly just by VC (with a few panel tweaks here and there).I cant go back to single-screen simming but I will have to to fly planes without VC cuz the 2D is too distorted. But wow...Im gonna order 2 more 22" panels. I want 4-screen simming!

Guest kittie

:-lol Welcome aboard Captain!

Guest kittie

For now I'm just using 2 monitors without the TH2GO. Soon we will be looking at picking up the TH2go.For simming, I set my View to 35deg to 40deg depending on the aircraft. But you have to set the view when you are in VC and by the drop down menu, not by the zoom out key.

Throttle Up- a tactic suggested by Jim Cooper to use a 2D panel on a wide screen monitor is to drag the side of the panel inwards enough to regain round gauges. Then the newly created blank desktop can be used for a popup such as throttle or CDU. Of course the view itself remains full width.When you're happy, save the flight so you don't have to drag again next time.Alex Reid

>>I don't know precisely how large the field of vision is, I>estimate it's maybe 130-140 degrees. I use a ZOOM factor of>0.31 although from time to time FS seems to load with a factor>of 0.29 or 0.28 and on occasion even as low as 0.26.>No, it's not that wide, although it does seem very wide when you are actually looking at the beautiful display. Last time I measured the max I could get was a little over 100 degrees - which was close to the actual physical angle from my eyes to the two outer screen edges. You can easily measure: go to Slew mode, note the heading (Shift-Z) then rotate with arrow key until an object that was just on the left hand screen edge is now on the outer right hand screen edge and note the change in heading.I'm very pleased with my TH2GO.--Bryn

This is my view on approach using the analog DUAL head to go and the second head on my video card, using a custom made mini-panel, and flying in windowed mode. The 2 flat panels are angled in so there is no distortion from my perspective.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186851.jpgI fly 2D panels exclusively and I actually returned my 3HTG for the analog DHTG because the latter is much cheaper. Also, the bezel management was no advantage (as you can see from this screen capture) and the 3HTG is squirrely with some video cards -- So be sure you test your hardware on their website before purchasing.The second Screen shot is the full 2D panel -- as you can see, no distortion. I getting 34 FPS (locked) on these.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186854.jpg

Guest ThrottleUp

Hey Chuck...whats that pop-up window on the far right screen? Some kinda add-on moving map? Looks cool :)

Hi, ThrottleUp! How're you doing today?That's the (in)famous FSNavigator, which was taken off the market in January of this year. I haven't opened a single chart since I bought it last year.

Alex,I don't know what the FOV calculates out to be, but I use 0.31 VC zoom in FS9 and this is the FOV I have to put up with:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186906.jpg(SSTSIM Concorde @ Supersonic Cruise, if anyone cares)Ah well, someone's gotta do it! ;-) :-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary- Nice pic. I don't use Virtual so can't comment on FOV there.However I did a test on this Zoom in 2D. On a 2D Main View with Max Zoom OUT-.031, you get a Field of View approx. 75

Either no or yes (and I just got used to it :-)). Certainly the scenery at the periphery whizzes by, but the same thing happens if you look directly sideways anyway. And don't forget this is just the straight ahead view shown - with TrackIR the VC instantaneously moves around where you want it.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11