Sign in to follow this  
Guest CarlHill

Tower View

Guest CarlHill

Does anyone know a way to make FS2004 automatically switch to the nearest tower like FSX does???CH

Guest LeeWang

Get Tower View might help (File name: gettowerview.zipLee

Hi All.I have just posted this on the makers web site. Don't know if any of you here can help."Hi, I have just tried this and think it's great, but I have two questions for you if you don't mind. 1) is there a way of disabling the green line of text telling me that the tower is now at XXX airport. (no offence, but I don't need it) 2) again is there a way of setting the zoom to 1.0 by default instead of the zoomed in that it has now, it's just in too much. I do not want to sound ungrateful, but I just thought you might want to know how I use my sim. Many thanks for a real nifty piece of work. PS I'm using FS9.1, with registered FSUIPC, and I have put the .dll in the modules folder, along with the .ini file. (should I delete the .ini file) I'm not experienced enough to use a command version. Thanks again."any thoughts guy's.Thanks.

OK Chuck, and others.Here is what I have done as per the suggestion by a nice guy named John from the web site.And I can confirm that it works just fine.; The maximum altitude at which a message is shown in Flight Simulator when the Tower position was changed.; Set to something very high (like 100000) to always see the messages, to something very low (like -1000); if you never want to see messages. Note that the actual calculation of the closest tower will always take place; regardless of this setting. The altitude is specified in meters (1m=3.2808 feet),; so the default is 10000 feet.; Default value: 3042MaxDisplayInfoAltitude=3042 < I set this to 1000 to Never see the message, but it still moves the tower which is fine.; The zoom level that will initially be set when a new tower position is set. 64 corresponds to 1.0.; The default of 384 corresponds to a zoom level of 6.ZoomLevel=384 < I set this to 64, which is a standard Zoom of 1.0I hope this works for you, there should be no reason why it doesn't, but again I think the developer made a great job of this, fantastic not to have to try and move the tower yourself to see your landing, especially when on VATSIM, they don't like you pausing,LoL.All I have to do now is find a cure for my annoying problem in my other post about PSP8.

Thanks, Steve!And I'll try to keep your advice about taking a laxative and a sleeping pill on different nights in mind.