Sign in to follow this  
Guest scoeva

Memory Issues

Guest scoeva

Hello all,I have just recently been experiencing fatal errors with FS9 and it seems to be related to not enough memory. When FS9 shuts down after the error, the report mentions an fe.dll file, but also my ram utility shows that my ram was at 100% usage. To be more specific as to when it happened, I was approaching CYYZ at around 9000 ft; flying a Wilco A320. This is the second time this problem has occurred and it happened at the same point as the last one. I have never had this problem before, any ideas as to what I should look into.ScottAMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 2.0GHZA-Data 2046 MB RAM 800MHZXFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3

You might have an empty Texture folder, this can cause OOM crashes. Check your Addon Sceenery folder for empty Texture folders. Have you added new scenery lately?Dave F.

Guest scoeva

Hi DaveThe only scenery that I have added recently is KORD and AES for CYYZ. Seeing that the crash happened so close to CYYZ ( approx 50nm out) do you think that maybe it has something to do with AES? In the meantime I will do some investigating to see if I find any empty texture folders.Scott

Try disabling AES and see if it makes a differance, you can also try reducing your AI traffic settings. Dave

Guest abent

I experiencd exactly the same thing yesterday. I departed Toronto and got an out of memory error and my card is a 8800GTS 642MB and 2 Gigs of system RAM. This has not happened before. I find that the CYYZ scenery has long pauses sometimes loading textures. I wonder if the card just becomes saturated. What I do find funny though is that I have used the scenery in the past and it performed better. If you are referring to CYYZ_2007, I'm pretty sure Dennis tweaked it for performance as much as possible but lately it runs very poorly on my machine. It may also have to do with the huge amount of AI I have at that airport. But I can say I've never had that error before, at least on this machine.Adam

Hi Adam, I've just had the same thing happen to me as I was slewing. I just got a straight CTD, no OOM warning. I too, suspect it was AI, it was 7am with 100% traffic, nearly every gate occupied.Dave

>Follow this thread, it is a bit of a read but fixed my OOM>errors.....>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=29646&page=4I tried this....."Now make Windows Vista (32-Bit) ready to support more than 2 GByte.Open a command prompt with Administration rights. You find it under "Programs->Accessories->Command prompt" click right and select "run as administrator".Enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" (without quotes) in the command window and press enter.After that restart windows"But after hitting enter it said "bcdedit is not recognized as an internal or external command" what am I doing wrong?Dave

I'll give MeatWaters instructions (translated from German), for the record, Meatwater has been tweaking the heck out of many games I have played for years now and is in my opinion a guru. So when I seen him praising this I knew I had to try it.From the German Forum, posted by MEATWATER and translated from German wit5h Google DISCLAIMER! TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!>>>>I am now very confident of a fix for the dreaded "out of memory" errors, as they interplay with the high detail settings, and add ons complex in recent times they have increasingly occur. I will not sell my idea, but I have a lot of tips and forums contributions ultimately the most out what finally works. The solution to the puzzle lies in the fact that neither the FS9.exe nor FSX.exe so programmed that it requests the virtual memory of Windows (XP and Vista) in a framework, as the operating system also can be processed. Since this limit within applications is missing, it gets Windows in panic and makes the OOM occur. More and more users are now on powerful hardware, such high settings possible or useful! Before got the operating system not in the situation in which we are now due to the sudden increase in requirements. These requirements are not only our users in the form of "all sliders to the right", but also add ons, which are given better hardware equipment becoming more and more trust, increased demands on resources. Now there are two tactics, the problem OOM-counter. 1) It ensures that it's not only too high to requests to the OS, 2) It continues operating and *. exe file to a table and shows both how they cope with the problem together. For option 1), to which it now countless tips and tricks for now, the problem is not really solved. It buys a stable FS with the waiving of high levels of detail, in extreme cases, even entire Add Ons (Super 80, Yak 40, Heathrow 2008). Option 2) is much more useful because it eliminates the difficulties of communication between the application and operating system, the OOM cause. Operation: Officially this Tweak works only with systems that have 2GB or more on board. But there is a lot of feedback that it is also less of RAM to work - you can safely try, more than a blue screen, it will not give, and the changes can be easily undone. Nevertheless, in all clarity: everyone tried it here at your own risk! The changeover takes place in two steps. Step one, Windows XP, more than 2GB of virtual memory available. Step two tells the individual applications, as they prefer to request more at the VM operating system can provide, without the panic that the bag close. The one or the other is already something about that, but I do not really come under the full instructions, and certainly not in English. Step 1: Download the program 4GB patchhttp://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.phpMake a backup copy of the file FS9.exe Then with the tool running locate the FS9.exe and patch it. The tool will adjust everything automatically.Flight Simulator now knows that it may ask for more virtual memory, and how it should be employed. Now Windows XP still be informed that such a request may come from programs and that it will not be frightened: Step 2: Windows XP: Click the start button then "Run" and type in sysdm.cpl and confirmed with OK. Then click on the Advanced tab, then under Startup and Recovery Settings. Then, at system startup, click Edit.There will be a text of this should be very similar here, perhaps it is also identical: Timeout = 30 Default = multi (0) disk (1) rdisk (0) partition (1) WINDOWS Multi (0) disk (1) rdisk (0) partition (1) WINDOWS = "Windows XP Professional" / fastdetect So that Windows is no longer scared if a program asks for more virtual memory screams, add the line "3GB / userva = 2560" less the quotes so the boot loader section looks like it does below......Timeout = 30 Default = multi (0) disk (1) rdisk (0) partition (1) WINDOWS Multi (0) disk (1) rdisk (0) partition (1) WINDOWS = "Windows XP Professional" / fastdetect / 3GB / userva = 2560 MAKE SURE TO TYPE IT IN CORRECTLY!Save the file, close all windows and starts the computer.

Guest scoeva

Hey GuysI just completed two flights; Zurich to Chicago(both FSDreamteam sceneries)with a Wilco A340 and 60% AI; and Los Angeles(Cloud9) to Toronto(CYYZ_2007) with a Wilco A320 and 60% AI. I made sure that my arrival times would be at peak hours and what I found interesting is that I had an OOM error on approach to CYYZ, but no problems approaching KORD. Now what I understand from your posts above is that I should of had the OOM error on approach to KORD seeing that it is the busiest and more complex of them all, correct? In your opinion, from what I have explained, does this narrow down the issue to CYYZ?Scott

Guest Icemaker_99

I have but one gig of ram; and do not recall any CTD approaching YYZ, but do have many flying East of YYZ, on flights to Europe. One of the tweaks I have tried is to turn off weather updates, with some success. I am using the FlightOntario YYZ scenery. I wonder if someone can pinpoint the location when the CTD occurs . . .I had a similar problem with KBUF and found it to be a scenery file which seemed to conflict with the airport area. Maybe something similar is happening with TorontoMarty in Brantford