Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Best freeware ATR 2D Panel?

I downloaded that great new ISDT ATR42-500 and think its really well done except for the fact that the panel defaults to the default kingair 350..which is lousy.Whats the best available ATR panel? I'd love to put a great 2D panel with this great plane!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Thanks very much! Didnt the Castaner ATR have a panel or wasnt there one for it? What payware ATR's are out there? I havent really thought much about this plane til I got messing around with this latest freeware version.Eric

Guest Ken_Verga

The flight1 ATR is A++.

Guest ThrottleUp

As Ken has mentioned the Flight1 ATR is the best payware version out there at the moment. It was developed by Flight1 with assistance from ATR themselves so its as accurate a representation you can get of the plane on a home PC. If you are into realisitic-simming (ie. you are not the "jump in and go"-type) then this plane is a must :)

I'll admit to being a "jump in and go" guy lately. My work gives me very little time to get deeply into flightsimming in the last half year.I like this airplane for its easy flying for now. Eric

Guest DreamFleet

Well, Eric, since I designed the Flight 1 ATR 2D panels and VC graphics, and as it was programmed by DreamFleet's Hans Hartmann (who now runs Digital Aviation), I can tell you that it is not a "jump in and go" sort of thing; not even close.So, do what you can with what is available freeware or otherwise, as unlike some developers I don't need to sell a plane that will not work for you, and the Flight 1 ATR is one that will require quite a bit of time before you master it.Listen, there's nothing wrong with being a "jump in and go" guy when it comes to FS as, like it or not, most FS users are, and I have no problem with that.I can certainly understand not having the time to deal with some of the complex FS products these days, and only wish I could suggest something that would meet your requirements. However, there was something mentioned above, and that could work for you.Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Hello Eric, I will probably use the F1 ATR panel but if I did not I would certainly use a panel incorporating Francisco . S

Lou, my comment was absolutely not a criticism of the F1 ATR! I am certain its a beauty. I just am traveling like a maniac and have a new baby grandson to play with...so I am getting my flight time prioritized for me!All you have to do is go look up how much dreamfleet stuff and F1 stuff I own and you'll know Im a fan!Eric

I've been using the panel that comes with this package: atr_42-500__denmark_package.zip here in the library.John

Guest wji

Thanks for the headsup, John on this great, FREEWARE aircraft.It comes with the best 2D panel and a 3D panel (by Claus Vendelboe Holmberg) which matches the best of themI bought Flight-One's ATR72-500 when it was released but always appreciate what the FREEware authors are giving us.Also . . . the sound which comes with this package is a very good ATR replication.What a great package at the best price :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186960.jpg

>but always appreciate what the FREEware authors are giving usWell appreciate what Francisco did because Claus Vendelboe Holmberg's panel is essentially Francisco's without him being given enough credit!. ( Claus does not make gauges) :)