Sign in to follow this  
maverickr

default b737-400

My default Boeing 737-400's won't show up in the "Create a Flight" screen anymore. I have looked over the aircraft.cfg with a fine tooth comb and can't figue it out. Can I get some help from someone.TYhank you, Mikemaverickr54@yahoo.com

As the other poster stated, it is likely because a line in the .air file has been changed so the aircraft is not displayed in the Select Aircraft screen.To understand what has been changed, examine the .air file for any "aircraft" (each aircraft has one), using a utility such as AirEd by William M. Roth - aired152_update806.zip - here in the library.Scroll down the display a short distance to line 105.105 Aircraft Type= will have a number (value) after it. If reads Aircraft Type=0 (zero), the aircraft will be seen. If it reads Aircraft Type=2, it will be hidden.Line 105 can easily be edited with AirEd or the other utility which has been recommended. (BBQ Hide AI)Many simmers keep all of their AI aircraft (which you should not be trying to fly anyway) hidden, thus reducing the load time of FS.Hope this helps you understand what may be happening in your situation.

Opa, thanx for the quick response. My Line 105 Aircraft type=0 but aircraft still does not show up. Wouldn't the original b737-400 air file be on one of the disks so that I could just copy it over to the b737-400 folder? Thank you, Mike

Mike, thanx for the quick response. My Line 105 Aircraft type=0 but aircraft still does not show up. Wouldn't the original b737-400 air file be on one of the disks so that I could just copy it over to the b737-400 folder? Thank you, Mike

Before replacing the current airfile, I would double check another thing which can cause the aircraft not to display.Look at your aircraft.cfg file once again.Here are the first few lines:sq bracket fltsim.0 sq brackettitle=Boeing 737-400sim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=The sim= line must read exactly as the .air file, without the .air extension.The air file is named Boeing737-400.air, so this line must read sim=Boeing737-400I used the words sq bracket as the real square brackets cannot be used in the forum.Hope this helps

Additionally, check the "ui_manufacturer=" and "ui_type=" lines. Perhaps it is displayed, but under a totally different name. Bit of a long shot.

Mike...

If you get this issue resolved, please let us know what was causing the problem.

I still haven't resolved the issue. I copied the original air file from disk 1 and it did no go. The config file looks good to me but something could be wrong with it. I just don't know where to look. I've added repaints and they ALL show up, it's just the ficticious default that won't. So, I'll just rebuild that folder with re-paints and go from there. Thanks to you both for your interest and input.Mike

Mike,If you have added repaints and they show up in the select a flight menu then this is not an .air file issue. Most likely an aircraft.cfg issue.Double check that you have no duplications in any of these lines in the .cfg file.[fltsim.0] - make sure you start with 0 and don't skip any numberstitle=Boeing 737-400 - duplicates in this line will cause problemsui_variation="American Pacific Airways" - duplicates in this line will cause problemshope this helps

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif