Sign in to follow this  
hightower

New ATC Command

Instead of the usual "Taxi into position and hold", I am now getting from ATC, "Line Up and Wait"! I recently did an update to my Edit Voice Pack and am wondering if this is where this command came from?Maybe it has been there all along, but last night was the first time it registered in my grey matter!Anybody else heard this?Chris

Answered yourself Chris, EVP uses ICAO international unless you indicate you want FAA phraseology (drop down box) - just rerun it if you wantregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

i think that the FAA has done away "taxi into position and hold". If theres a way to have the current regs, then that would be very cool.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I guess "Line Up and Wait" really does more accuratley describe todays crowded taxiways anyway!Thx

Guest supernova50

"Taxi into Position and Hold" has been changed to "Position and Hold". There is talk that we are going to change to the ICAO "line up and wait" but that hasn't happened yet.Ken

As long as there is no possibility of confusion, communications brevity is good practice.

My understanding is that "line up and wait" is an instruction that has always been used by European ATC. Could anybody verify that?

Guest monsoon

I was talking with one of my buddies that was in ATC at the time and he said that at one point a "into position and hold" was accidentally mistaken for "taxi into position and GO" hence the guy took off. Wether this was the case or not i dont know but it wouldnt suprise me with the communications barrier the aviation industry sometimes see.