Sign in to follow this  
Guest ALT370

Single traffic.bgl better for frame rates?

Guest ALT370

Hello.Does anybody of you experience a frame rate hit when using traffic.bgls for each airline?Is it better to use one single traffic.bgl with all airlines included?Just wondering because after decompiling my big traffic.bgl file to many single traffic.bgls I found a frame rate hit. Before I never had so big impacts on frame rates. I use my own traffic from freeware sources.thanks for some advise,Axel.

I would have thought that there would be no hit as such - the frame rate reduction will simply be to do with the number of AI planes in the area rather than how their flightplans are arranged in the scenery library...However, I don't know if having multiple files increases the instance of little "loading" stutters... That's certainly possible but I cannot test this because to recompile all mine by hand would take far too long! I don't know if there is a utility that can take a bunch of AI plans (separate files for airlines, NOT with unique aircraft numbers) and complie them into one big file... Perhaps someone else here does?Geoff

Having used Flight1's Ultimate Traffic (single Traffic.bgl) before finally switching over to compiling AI myself from various sources, I can say that I haven't observed any noticeable difference in frames between a single bgl and multiple ones (I think I have over 100 of those now, one for each airline). As always though, YMMV, this is just my personal experience.