Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nealoc187

Best Payware and Freeware KLAX

Guest Nealoc187

I'd like opinions on this. Both payware and freeware KLAX. I've got the freeware KLAX from Jetways and Terminals, and frankly it's so-so in my opinion. It's an improvement over default, but compared to many of the freeware sceneries out there for other airports, it's lacking. I'm not having much luck finding freeware for KLAX which is odd because it's arguably one of the most famous airports in the country. Are there any good ones that I'm missing?Failing that, what payware LAX airports are available?

I have the Cloud9 payware version of KLAX. I have been very satisfied with it from day 1. Descent frames too for such a large airport. I used Bill Melichar's version before I bought the Cloud9. I'm sure there is something else freeware by now, but I haven't been looking for a new KLAX. Scott

Guest Nealoc187

>I have the Cloud9 payware version of KLAX. I have been very>satisfied with it from day 1. Descent frames too for such a>large airport. >>I used Bill Melichar's version before I bought the Cloud9. >I'm sure there is something else freeware by now, but I>haven't been looking for a new KLAX. >>ScottI just looked up Bill Melichar's KLAX and from the description on avsim it appears that this scenery is little or nothing more than an enhancement of the LAX sign and some eye candy - no mention whatsoever is made of the accuracy of the AFCAD, etc. Would you say this is an accurate description of Melichar's KLAX? Accurate AFCADs are my primary concern, then parking that at least gives the illusion of realism, followed by eyecandy.

I own the cloud9 klax and it is very good fps like always depends on what kind of system you have you can try it out in demo mode http://www.fscloud9.com/php/products.php?lang=EN&id=138 it is a really nice scenery textuers etc etc amd heres avsims review of the scenery http://www.avsim.com/pages/0606/KLAX/KLAX.htm

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Well to be fair, the Bill Melichar version of KLAX was released a long time ago. It is an enhancement, and if I remember right, you have to download the AFCAD separately. With freeware you get what you get, and say thanks. Good luck,Scott

Guest Nealoc187

I love the look of that cloud9 KLAX - looks wonderful. I think I'm going to check it out.

Definitely Cloud9! Nothing else compares.Although I live in Europe and therefore I fly mostly on the Old Continent, I've been to a few virtual trips to California thanks to this wonderful scenery.FPS are very good as for such a large hub.It is also a good idea to combine the scenery with a few freeware packs of photoreal terrain made by Gottfried Razek. Available here at the AVSIM library.As it was mentioned above, LAX will be AESed, which makes it even more attractive.Best regards,Rafal

A good freeware package for the surrounding area is at http://www.blueskyscenery.com, these are by Gottfried Razek.Dialing 117 into the NAV2 receiver instantly restores the MS default scenery so you can move along the default taxiways etc. while on the ground. And then when you're high redial which restores the photoreal.That *other* (nameless) website has AFCAD files by Joop Mak to correct some mismatches between default and photoreal airports in Razek's scenery.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.