Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Italian Scenery Design (ISD) Milan scenery help

I have had the latest version of ISD's Milan scenery installed for a while now, but I just recently noticed I have ground textures bleeding through the scenery. Do they have a fix for this? I thought I saw a fix on ISD's website but I can't find the website anymore. Is ISD still around?

There is a fix, it's called SP1. It doesn't appear to be available anywhere. I've mailed it to a couple of people already, if you want a copy, PM me your email address.

Mike...

Mike......I sent you a PM with my email. Thank you for the Milan patch.

I don't have a problem with mailing it around, but uploading it is a whole nother story. It is against the Avsim Library rules.And since ISD has disappeared, I can't get permission from them to upload it.I've gotten two PM's so far, SP1 is on the way to those two.

Mike...

Bummer, thanks anyway Mike! I will pm you for the sp1.Regards,Gerhard

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Why? Especially if the file is a fix or service pack and not the original payware scenery why would you have a problem uploading it to the library? If the developer has left paying customers in the lurch and you're worried about prosecution for EULA violation, AVSIM will reject it if they don't want it. But as long as you give ISD the credit they deserve and list them as author (not yourself) you're taking a bigger risk doing what you're doing now than if you were to upload it here and just be done with it.I'm sure someone will take exception with me here and I'm not a Supreme Court Justice, but uploading the service pack to AVSIM with a full explanation, and giving credit where credit is due, takes you completely out of the picture as far as possible EULA violations are concerned. And if you've attempted to contact the original developer and received no reply (you only need to try once!) this just strengthens the fact hat you exercised due diligence. Basic contract law has repeatedly stated that there can be no contract between parties when one party no longer exists as there can be no "meeting of the minds". That's why when companies go bankrupt or out of business unexpectedly, there is such a scramble to buy up their ownership interests in other companies and copyrights, otherwise those interests fall into the public domain. This has never been tested in court, but there is absolutely no reason the courts wouldn't extend basic contract law the digital rights.Besides, if you're really concerned about honoring the EULA and the original developers rights, the original developer who holds the tradmark or copyright on the package is much more likely to know his opinion on this subject is needed by it being listed in a public venue like the library here.

They're a freeware design group. And I'm not worried about anything. The Avsim rules are very clear about it and as a person who has had his files uploaded by others without permission, I respect those rules and have no desire to try and see what happens. Maybe they'll allow it, maybe they won't. It makes little difference to me.This "comprise" is as far as I'll go. ;-)

Mike...

Guest ROALD

Hi all, I myself just realised I had a problem with the scenery. How do I go about getting the patch?Roald

Above provided link gives you a corrupted file.....

Guest ROALD

Which is the corrupted file?

Nothing of what I downloaded today from that site relating to LIMC was corrupted...Tim

I get a "cannot open file" error when I try to open it.