Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nealoc187

Is there a fix for inaccurate sunset/sunrise times?

Guest Nealoc187

I'm noticing lately that the sunset/sunrise times in FS9 appear to be way off. Yesterday I did a flight, using the real time and date, and FS9 was darn near black while it was still bright enough outside to drive around without headlights and didn't get dark out for another hour.Anyone know of a fix for this so that FS9 has accurate lengths of day and night?

I believe the issue is actually caused by a change in Daylight Savings Time. There is no 'fix', unfortunately. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have "Ultimate Traffic" and it has options to change the time to "Daylight Savings" or "Standard".

Alexander Alonso

As far as I know, that only has an effect on AI traffic and its departure times... On the switch to DST, the AI traffic can be off by an hour until it's updated with this option....Oddly enough, I have ultimate traffic, and I don't have those options.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I find it best to resave my default flight after the DST change (old dates, not the new 2007 ones) - then the issue goes away.When your default flight is read, it has a day of the year which FS uses to calculate the GMT offset and DST offset if any.If you start FS when DST is active, and the date in the saved flight is non-DST - you can be an hour off.Though - the FSRealTime install mentioned above includes Dennis Thompson's modifications of the world time zones in FS2004 - an essential update everyone needs.The deafault timezones and boundaries are 'poor'.

Guest Nealoc187

that file description doesn't say anything about fixing inaccurate sunset/sunrise times, but if this problem is indeed related to DST, then perhaps it will do the trick. I'll give it a try.

The file by Dennis Thompson linked above is outdated.Dennis has done several updates - the latest version is 3.51.The latest files are only available in the FS Real Time download.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...ils&DLID=117720The FS Real Time install will put the Time Zone 3.51 files in a folder and set up your scenery.cfg to make the files active. You don't actually ever have to run FS Real Time.One thing you should do after installing the Time Zones updates is to run the DSTorSTD program in the folder with the files. This will update your timezones world wide for changes for that month.

Guest LeeWang

What do you mean "run the DSTorSTD program" ?Thanks Lee