Sign in to follow this  
claviermichel

Best Airbus flightdeck

Hi there,May I ask you guys to tell me what is the best Airbus flightdeck for FS9 as of today available in the market. What I am looking for is a panel with sophisticated avionics and fairly comprehensive FMC. Years ago I used the PSS A 320 and A 340 but I am wondering if there is now a better cockpit. Thanks for your advicesBest regards

There is a Wilco/Feelthere (systemwise apparently better and more comprehensive than PSS), but with its problems. You will find enough discussions on this board.

If you can wait a while, the AirSimmers A320 should be released:http://www.airsimmer.com/products320.htmAnd if you wait a longer while, the AirlinerXP might have been released:http://www.airliner-xp.com/Although I don't have the PSS Bus nor the Wilco Bus, my guess is that both of these new busses will surpass the current ones in quality and system wise.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest davidvoogd

I'm waiting on the Airsimmer myself (unless AXP beats it to release and has the same features). Your best bet is probably to just wait as these next gen Airbus addons will be far, far better than anything currently available, and the Airsimmer looks close to release.In the meantime you could always log some time in the Wilco 737 PIC or PMDG 737 NG.

Thanks guys for your advices. I guess I will wait for one of the two releases.My question - and I should have mentioned it - was in relation with the virtual airline I am registered with (CPA virtual) which requires to fly the right aircrafts on thier routes. Therefore I can't fly any PMDG on routes using airbuses.Best regards

Guest flightsimmernick

There are some freeware Airbus series panels floating around which seem to be OK, but for a good interpretation of the FMC and airbus cockpit the payware options offer more realism. If you are looking for a freeware option in the interim then Ken Mitchell is a name to search for in the avsim library. For the time being I am using the PSS panel with IFDG model's, thats until something (whatever option) comes along next!Regards

I own the Wilco Vol.1 airbus and it has it's bugs but I do enjoy it. The attitude of the Feelthere and Wilco team is very poor however and support is poor. They are not helpful like the LVD or Aerosoft teams for example.

Yeah I too own the Wilco Airbus release 1 package and fly it regular but it is far from perfect...I would hang on aswell. Regards Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

Its not FeelThere that are not helpful it's Wilco that don't provide support. Get your facts right before critsizing please.I have found FeelThere very helpful.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Michael,You've come into Airbus FS flying at a good time. Airsimmer is very close to releasing their product and it looks very promising. AXP also looks set to be a good product but is admittedly still a way off being completed I'd say. If you have the PMDG aircraft and enjoy realistic and fully-simulated systems then either of these products will be for you.I suggest signing up at their forums and reviewing their respective ground school / training subjects. The Airbus philosophy is quite different to that of Boeing and a bit of theoretical knowledge will prepare you well.Try and get hold of a copy of an FCOM, which is the Flight Crew Operations Manual. PM me if you have trouble finding one but a web search or a visit to www.smarkcockpit.com will turn up results.Mark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg