Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

FS9 ATC Text

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi people,A couple of weeks ago I think I saw on this very forum a topic regarding how to get FS9 ATC to display but only when they are communicating messages to you. When I fly some aircraft the engine noise is so imense that i cant here the ATC so I enable the ATc text but it gets annoying sometimes as I have lots of AI especially around London and the endless pop ups I get when they do not apply to me. Does anyone know how I can do this? I think If I remember correctly that it can be done with a tweak to the FS9.cfg, but cant find the thread now so am not sureThanks in advanceNick

I think it's this entry in the FS9.CFG file.ShowATCText=0See if that helps ya out.Paul.

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Paul, Thanks for your messageI have got the text disabled, but now I have tried another combination. I have the ATC text enabled but have the auto-open ATC wondow disabled. So now the ATC text does not display at all. One step forward! All i want to do now is to make it pop up when it displays ATC text which is directed to me but not for any other aircraft?

>Why cant i BLOODY WELL log onh?Okay it has decided to let me on,after spending ages carefully replying to your topic with a post i have now lost.So here goes again briefly.Go to SETTINGS AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL there are three options leave the first UNCHECKED and the other two CHECKED.CHEERS exasperated ANDY

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest flightsimmernick

Yes thats how I had it to start with. Basically I want it like that but I want it to show the ATC text for my transmissions but not for all the other traffic. I thought that this would be possible somehow through the cfg if not FS menus but does not look like it is.

>Yes thats how I had it to start with. Basically I want it>like that but I want it to show the ATC text for my>transmissions but not for all the other traffic. >>I thought that this would be possible somehow through the cfg>if not FS menus but does not look like it is. Hello there I am sure mine only shows the atc text for me .I will have to check again.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest dogknot

>Yes thats how I had it to start with. Basically I want it>like that but I want it to show the ATC text for my>transmissions but not for all the other traffic. >>I thought that this would be possible somehow through the cfg>if not FS menus but does not look like it is. Bring up the Electronic Kneeboard with F10, drag to a position you like, select the radio icon (headset), all recent transmissions between you and atc are listed.As far as the standard transparent pop-up ATC transmissions, the setup Andy provided is the least offensive, and only pops up for comms between you and atc. Any other transmisssion to AI is heard over the radio...no popup.Hope this helps.

Guest flightsimmernick

:(:(:(Does not look like we are getting very far hear! All I can get it to do is open and display for all traffic or none, was sure there was a topic recently about this, anyway must be mistaken, Thanks for your suggestions anyway!