Sign in to follow this  
Guest F15Driver

Putting Addon Airport Scenery above UT

Joe,I'm not going to address your whole post, as none of this is anywhere near as serious an issue to me as it seems to be to you, sorry if I touched a nerve.You are misinterpreting sections where I am quoting someone else. For example, in my post above where you see the statement:"Actually there is no renumbering involved at all."was a quote from one of Clarke's earlier posts.Hence the "quotation" marks.You see, he let us all know of a utility that will automatically renumber the .cfg, and I was merely thanking him for sharing.Now, where you see the statement: "etc...it's alot of renumbering, but only needs to be doneonce."I am really not sure how that is difficult to understand...but I'll try to reword it for you. Once you have gone through and moved the layers into position, and renumbered the .cfg, you are done, as that only has to be performed one time. All of the UT software will still work, etc...____________________OK, to restate one last time, it is really just a simple matter of moving the UT layers below the default aerial photo scenery. It is the best way to go about ensuring compatibility, as much as one can anyway, with local add-on scenery. There are other steps that should be taken if an addon landclass product is also used...specifically the FSGenesis USA landclass, but there is information available via the UT forums for that.Whether you edit the .cfg by hand, use the scenery library, or whatever other method floats your boat, is really not the point. I am personally more comfortable using notepad and a few minutes time to manage things, as I can be finished with any changes in less time than the sim takes to load. But to each, there own...it's not a religion.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest daveusmc1775

Jim, do you mind if I ask a quick question?First of all, I don't want to jump on someones thread, but is there any basic info. out here for me to get a hold of so I can keep my FS9 Library in proper order?I have experienced some things I've read here, also from other posts elsewhere- aircraft bouncing on taxiways/runways.I have installed Ultimate Terrain U.S.A., Ultimate Traffic, World Airports 2 and Flightsim Terrain. My weather programs went down last [FE 3,GE Pro.,and AS 6.5]. The latter won't effect the library though.After installing addons, how do we set priorities in the library?Where do the default terrain and default scenery get placed?Your advice would be greatly appreciated!DJ

Guest daveusmc1775

Jim, then why are so many aircraft doing this[bouncing around ect..].I was told the same thing-but I'm not thoroughly convinced, judjing by the behavior of some of my other ac including default.Thought it may be a panel I installed. Sometimes when I swap something on the a/c like a panel, I get this problem; not even touching the ac config.. I can change the panel and the problem goes away-sometimes. I can't figure this out. I notice this when I go back and forth w/ my external views. Could addon software do this? What else could it be if not the ac config.?Dave