Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

CSRSS.EXE causing stutters when accessing fs9 files

I'll use FS9 later tonight and run ProcessMon to see if the same thing happens. Are you sure the registry entries aren't being accessed when you load the flight or is this happening while you fly? I usually see FS9 accessing very few registry entries while in flight and usually it's related to AI traffic. Load or end a flight and it's a different story. You might want to try turning off traffic labels or all traffic and see if it makes a difference.BTW, you seem to be getting some very good answers over in the topic you started in the SysInternals forum, I'd stick with it over there.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Ok... based on all I've read so far...You have a huge amount of AI aircraft installed on your system... it's more than your system can handle.Just a guess.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I was thinking his AI was set too high, but then I thought, naahhhh. That's too simple --Try turning yuor AI up a little at a time from 0% and see how that works out. AI will decrease your frame rates dramatically.

Ran ProcessMon and get the same thing as you, just not to your extent though and I run max AI. I agree with Ed and Chuck that it's related to AI and is probebly overwhelming your sytem - post your system specs. Also, post back if you find anything out from those cats over at SysInternals as they would have a far better idea than most about what's going on within the bowels of XP.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Hi, thanks for keeping this thread alive.Over at Sysinternals, they have no clue except that they say it could be related to Comodo firewall. They suggest that I uninstall it and check. I am a bit reluctant... you can figure out why.Now, thanks for doing the test and if your findings are same as mine, it is not because of Comodo (unless you use it as well?).The registry accesses occur only with AI traffic A/C or effect files...It is true that I have a mere 80Mb of custom ai traffic bgl files.I usually fly at 50-60% though.The registry accesses happens while loading the sim (it takes actually longer these days than before) and while flying... All (or part) of AI A/C are accessed in a row all (or near) with the issue.My specs are as follows:E6750@Gigabyte P35-DS3L 2Gb RAM8800GT -320MbThanks Ghiom

>Hi, thanks for keeping this thread alive.>>Over at Sysinternals, they have no clue except that they say>it could be related to Comodo firewall. They suggest that I>uninstall it and check. I am a bit reluctant... you can figure>out why.>>Now, thanks for doing the test and if your findings are same>as mine, it is not because of Comodo (unless you use it as>well?).>>The registry accesses occur only with AI traffic A/C or effect>files...>It is true that I have a mere 80Mb of custom ai traffic bgl>files.>>I usually fly at 50-60% though.>>The registry accesses happens while loading the sim (it takes>actually longer these days than before) and while flying...>All (or part) of AI A/C are accessed in a row all (or near)>with the issue.>>My specs are as follows:>E6750@>Gigabyte P35-DS3L >2Gb RAM>8800GT -320Mb>>Thanks GhiomHi Ghiom, we have almost identical systems, sans the Commodo, as I use the last version of Sygate and never when I fly. You say you have "custom" AI files, which I assume means that you compiled them and they aren't a package (like PAI or WOAI). The only difference between us is that when the registry entries were accessed on my computer they weren't "all in a row" like you, yet were batched to some degree. I don't think you're going to find a way to prevent those entries from being accessed because to do so, you would have to hack FS9 (or XP code for that matter). You might be able to find out why these entries are being accessed so closely together and so continuously on your system. I don't get any hit in the sim when this is occuring on my system. I would try uninstalling the Commodo if those SysInternal guys somehow think it's a conflict as you have notthing to lose. I wish I could offer more for you. Maybe Reggie Fields or Tom Gibson or the other traffic guru's can shed some light on this. Post back if you find anything else out. Good Luck.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Too badUninstalled Comodo and same things happens.Especially when loading FS9. It takes long...Or say, longer than what I am been used to.Custom is custom, yes. Made by me or others but COMPILED by me, for sure.Sure ,it would be good to find a solution for that problem...ThanksGhiom

It's your AI... plain and simple.Remove all AI aircraft folders... switch to the default FS traffic .bgl file... I suspect you will have zero problems.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, it could be as there is no problem IN FLIGHT when I turn off the AI Traffic, I mean no access by regsitry and no stutters...By why would my AI cause this trouble?That is the next question, then..Thanks for your help.Ghiom

Ghiom, if you haven't done so already, make sure your AI aircraft are hidden and don't appear in the FS9 AC selection menu. Also, try not to have any duplicate aircraft ie: consolidate the different textures for only one AIA 767-200 and update the flightsim xx section of the aircraft.cfg accordingly. Both will speed up FS9 load times considerably, but will likely do nothing about the in-flight processing of those registry entries. Hope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

I have a similar system and I have a lot of AI bgl files. They are made mostly by the popular AI creaters. I have a lot of AI aircraft to go with them. Over the time I've swapped out all the old and heavy models for the better ones (like from PAI to EvolveAI and Fruitstand,etc). I also made sure all AI textures are in DXT format and there are no unused or duplicate textures or aircraft enties in CFG files. That's about all I know can be done. That said, my FS9 stutters everytime (every 10 mins or so?) when it goes through all the AI plans and aircraft. I can see it using filemon. The stutters last 5 or 6 secs and I've pretty much accepted it as a given in my FS9. I'd rather cope with it than to lose my AI. I'm not sure if this is the exact issue you have because I don't see csrss.exe being part of the problem, at least not using filemon. Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I am using this type of arrangement for sub-liveries like "old" and "new".For example, under 767-300AIA, I will have texture.ACA and under this folder, two folders, New and Old in which I will but the .bmps...In aircraft.cfg, it looks like texture=ACANewCould it be a reason?Apart from that, I have all my day textures in dxt1 and night in reduced dxt3. Check regularly that I have no duplicate (I use the automatic [fltsim.x] sorting tool and ACA2005) and exotic texture formats. Also, all my AI have the fde with aircrafttype=2 so that no to appear in the menu.I am glad you have the same problem. means it cannot be sorted out. I will stop looking in all directions and focus on flying...Thanks for your helpGhiom

Noone's got an idea about this texture folders arrangement?In the meantime, reduced traffic density to 30% and much less problems.Still longer fs9 loading time though.Regardsghiom