Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch-1

FS 2004 Settings

Guest mitch-1

Hi, I recently acquired a Dell XPS PC. The specs are WindowsXP Pro Service pack 2, 4gb 667 memory, 250gb sata hard drive, Intel core2cpu 1.8ghz. ATI Radeon 1300 pro 256mb card. Now my problem is to obtain a reasonable frame rate, at present about 14fps. My monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2032 capable of 1680x1050 pixels. I realise that the Graphics card will not set the world on fire but can anyone suggest fs9 confg. alterations or are there any ways in which to increase the performance of my gaphics card? Many thanks

Guest Jeffhew

Well, I don't want to rain on your parade but, I don't think you would see much more than what you've got already. My old system is a 3.2 GHz P4 with a 128Mb ATI X700 Pro and 1 gig of RAM and I would see between 15 and 20 FPS. Your biggest issue is your CPU. Clock speed is EVERYTHING to FS. 1.8 GHz is really on the low end of the spectrum. You could see a little improvement running at lower resolution. Your graphics card is just ok, and could probably handle 1680x1050 but it will slow down overall performance. IIRC, the 1300 pro isn't really a gamers card and performance was on par with an X800. That is just off the top of my head so I might be mistaking the 1300 with another card.Having said that, you should do a search here for FS tweaks and tips. It's been a topic of conversation for years and there are reams of info here and on other FS related sites. The trick is research and experimentation. Good luck.Regards,Jeff

HelloI have mentioned this program before,but i think its the best TWEAKERs that i have used its called FLUSIFIX and its freeware to.You will have to GOOGLE it but that should turn it up.Its a German site but there is an English language version.One point worth mentioning is that the English language version link is quite well hidden on the site but it is there.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest mitch-1

Hello Andy, Thanks for the info. I downloaded FLUSIFIX and have been reading the various manuals They appear to be very interesting I will give it a try later.Many thanks.

Guest over and out

If you are running FS9 without any addons, like a PMDG plane or high level scenery, I would expect you to be getting better rates with your system.Turn off any security scanners etc. if you are running those.Try locking your frame rates at 25.Set your visibility to about 30 to 50 miles.Try cutting back on your detail settings.Since FS9 is core based your GPU will not influence it too much but you can try over clocking your GPU a little, sometine this helps with just feeding the demands of high resolution monitors?Overall, there is no quick fix, you just have to play with it for a while to get the ideal settings for your system, but I belive with your set up you should be getting more with a little trial and error.