Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

Airport chart by Holger Maass

Guest ha5mvo

Did anyone try the utility?The idea looks great although I'm unable to generate the database.Trying to run it I get an error saying something can't be found (some "binding" of sorts) in the windows shell.dllDid anyone come across this or is it just my system?

HelloSame error here, I will email the author as i would like to get this working.

Hi There, same error too. Too bad. It looks very interesting. Hopefully the author will get it working.

Same errors here - got it to work partically but FS would not start.Hope he gets it fixed as it looks promising. I suspect his e-mail box is full of mail this morning.

It seems that the apchart.zip file has been withdrawn from the Avsim File library. I guess this is a positive sign that errors have been found and will be corrected.Best regards

> I suspect his e-mail box is full of mail this morning.LMAO! You can say that again, mailed him as well, including a capture of aforementioned error. Looks like a very nice gauge!

Mike...

Guest ha5mvo

A new version is available in the library, though only for FSX so far..

That one, although listed under FSX, works in FS2004 also.When you run the installer you are asked if you want it installed in FSX, FS2004 or both.I just installed it (FS2004) but have not had time to figure out how, or if, this version actually works.At least I did not get the previous erros during installation.

It works and looks great, but at least when at FlyTampa's Seattle, it seems to display stock Afcad info, not third party Afcad info.

Mike...

Guest ha5mvo

It does indeed work and look great!!On the down side, it has a significant impact on performance. On my rig it halves the frame rate when its visible and reduces them by 2-4 when not.

Guest RonB49

I see no frame rate impact. I will add that I am running it on FSX in full screen mode; FS9 may be different. I believe it is a fantastic tool and Holger Maass is to be congratulated.R-

Guest ha5mvo

RonB,Perhaps this also has something to do with my system. I have plenty of RAM and a reasonable Vid card but my CPU is a 3GHz single core prescot.Maybe that's the bottleneck.

It does work well for me also - and I see no FR impact.I run XP Media edition and FS2004.I am considering making an icon which can be placed in any 2d cockpit to call the Airport Chart Viewer and will upload it if anyone is interested.

Guest RonB49

>I am considering making an icon which can be placed in any 2d >cockpit to call the Airport Chart Viewer and will upload it if >anyone is interested.That would be helpful David, thank you. R-