Sign in to follow this  
Guest JC01GTP

Extremely Blurred Textures, driving me insane!!! Please...

Guest JC01GTP

Hello everyone,First let me give you my specs:AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+4GIG RAMNvidia 8800GT 512MB CardIssue:I have Mesh as well as UT installed, I also have a few airports I have created in EZScenery which I usually fly out of. This is where the problem lies. It seems every time I even get close to my "created" Airport the ground textures blur, to the point that it looks like someone poured milk on my scenery. I have my airports above the UT and seemed like it helped a little bit, I also tweaked the FS9.cfg file as well with positive results. Are the textures and Macro's I am using in my scenery to much for the system to handle?Image to how bad the "Blur" is:

Remember that in the scenery config, the listing in FS9 is the opposite of the layers in the config file. For instance. the first on the scenery list will be the last in the config file. I fought the blurries till I read another thread about this. J. Skorna brought up this reminder. Check this out first.

Guest JC01GTP

I always use the FS9 scenery library to manage my scenery, and I have double checked everything. So are you saying that #1 on the scenery settings is actually the last to load in Fs9.cfg??

That looks like a Missing Mip from your texture. Holger S. wrote a great post on this a while back but I can't find it..-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Did you use any of Sidney Schwartz's EZ objects at the airports in question?If so, he has recently issued a set of replacement textures which have been reworked to help address some blurries which have been associated with some of his objects.All are available here in the library.They are named:ss_textures_update_1.zip ss_textures_update_2.zipss_textures_update_3.zipandss_textures_update_2_fix.zipYou might give these a try and see if things improve.Hope this helps.