Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

RXP pop up gauges behind panels.. please help

Hi how can i stop the RXP gauges from being hidden behind panels ? , they display ok on the main panel but if an A/C has another panel eg a VFR / landing view or a co pilot view the gauges are then hidden behind the panel .. i have most of the line up eg .. GPS 430/530/pro version .. WX radar etc etc .. here are some pics .. This main panel displays ok 1-1.jpg but changing to a landing view gives this 2-1.jpg I was really enjoying the products till i came across this .. Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png

I asked this question a few months ago and here's the info I received:Subject: "What controls with "window" is in FRONT" | #32430, "What controls with "window" is in FRONT" The other day I was flying the Baron 58 and I keep the GPS up in the panel all the time. When I clicked to set a radio freq, the radio panel came up BEHIND the GPS and I had to get rid of the GPS to see all of the radio panel. Normally the radio panel comes up in FRONT of the GPS so you can set your freq, git rid of the radio and have you GPS still up. What controls which of these "windows" are in front / back? When they come up wrong how do you change them? The next time I flew this aircraft they were in "correct" order with no action from me ???? Thanks jerrycwo4 Replies to this topic #32441, "RE: What controls with"In response to Reply # 0 As far as I remember it depends on the order in which you open the windows. John #32855, "RE: What controls with"In response to Reply # 3 Jerry- just drag one of these popups aside a little, so that neither overlaps the other. Problem solved. Or you can undock them and whichever is clicked on, will land on top. An even better solution is multi monitors- on my setup, all popups are open all the time on monitors #2 & 3 - laid out as a lateral extension of the 2D main panel on #1 mon.Alex Reid CYYJDF Baron 58 Dusk LAX R25R #32857, "RE: What controls with"In response to Reply # 3 Jerrycwo4, I thought I'd do a quick experiment to see if was right.I loaded the default King Air, then opened the GPS followed by the Radio stack. From then on the GPS was always behind the Radio. I then loaded the default Cessna and then back to the King Air. This time I opened the Radio first followed by the GPS. Amazingly the Radio was always behind this time no matter in which order I subsequently opened the windows. Try it, it DOES work for me.John #32917, "RE: What controls with"In response to Reply # 0 The priority of panel windows (priority: which panel Window is in front/back) is a bit of a mess in FS.Because it not only depends on the order in which you opened the windows, but also on the Ident= of that Panel window (especially with addon aircraft that define their own panel windows).The only way to get a deterministic behaviour (priority) independant on Id's or opening sequence, requires that you edit the panel.cfg's.You can do that as follows:In each Windowxx section of the panel.cfg, add the linezorder=*where '*'is a sequence number (0,1,2,3 etc)The Window with the lowest number, has the lowest priority (ie. always sits at the back).So, allthough not really necessary for most aircraft, you should give the main panel window (usually Window00) the number "0".Rob

Thank you so much .. the last bit worked a treat Image2-3.jpgi only added it to the RXP GPSs and drop stack .. no other windows edited .. lol lol dohhh as you can see i went back to the default panel to start again to see if i had mucked it up before hand ..but its all working now thanks to the about edit .... Thanks Rich

ugcx_banner.png