Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Flying Fs2004 with 3 Monitors

But Alex, "unused" means "black" -- to me it's not worth it at all. I've tried it both ways and I just gave the widescreen to my wife -- IMHO, if you like 2D panels as I do, don't waste your time OR money -- I've already done it for you. Or, here's a suggestion, go to Circuit City, buy any widescreen bring it home and try it out. If you agree with me you can take it back the same day. :-)To answer the original posters question again, though, if you like flying 2D panels wide screen flat panels will distort your panel views. Can it be fixed/edited/dragged to size? Yes.

Chuck- here's a quickie screenshot to simulate how a piece of WideScreen unused desktop can be put to creative use! My mons are all 5:4 so to simulate a widescreen, I shrunk the main 2D panel. This caused a part of my dark gray desktop to show- but now neatly covered with the CDU. (there is still a bit of desktop showing in right mon-centre,left of OH panel.)The popup panels on the right mon are arranged so that the EICAS/Engine CRT, Throttle Fuel Switches and O/H Fuel& Eng Start switches are all visible ready for pushback and start.The left mon of course shows the COM panel and KneeBoard checklists.OH and COM panels soak up frame rate so they are called up only on demand. (Kneeboard has zero affect on FPS.)In the shot there is some misalignment of the views- I didn't bother to reset the bezel correction values for a single pic. Incidentally I've set my Desktop colour to "None" ie charcoal gray and Title bars are also gray with green letters. Good riddance to MS BLUE!!!!Sure wish I had that wide LCD you gave your wife!!Regards Alex ReidExper.pic-simulating a WScreen mon w 2D main panel+ popup.PMDG 747 Ready for PB/engine start- Dusk CYVR Gate 16http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187351.jpg

Chuck- Neat Pic,thanks. Once in awhile I have an "out of body" experience too, simply by keying "W"!!! Scenery isn't all that important to me- except perhaps on takeoff and landing. I'll often just set visib. to 1/2 mile and see if I can sharpen my IFR skills. Night and poor vis can get your armpits fairly sweaty! Espec. if you kill an engine just after rotation! My sim objective is to try to create an environment/ambience that is as close as possible to a real flight deck- where 2/3 of what the pilot sees is glare shield & gauges and only 1/3 is view. In real life, the latter spans 180+

>>Simulator with its own building etc. 10 million or so should do it. Come to think of it, a real LearJet would be nice.Wouldn't that be grand? But then my wife would never see me - or me, her. And she is so pretty!>>And it all has to fit into a 48" wide space behind the door in the master bedroom! You're not alone: my space is about that size, only I'm in a corner of the kithchen!>>You're invited for a ride!Hey, thanks Alex! If I ever become filthy rich, the invite is mutual! Unfortunately, I'm afraid there's not much chance of that happening. Smooth skies, my friend!