Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

FS9 ATC

Guest flightsimmernick

Is it possible to reduce the distance at which FS ATC clears an aircraft to land. I believe that the default is around 6 or 7 miles and I just wondered if it was possible to reduce that to around 2 miles. Basically It would help at single runway airports by allowing departing aircraft the change to get away before a landing aircraft. The default 6-7 miles seems to be an age sometimes and if you have allot of arrival aircraft the departure que never seems to reduce.I am not sure of the answer to this but have a felling that I read somewhere that it cant be changed as it is hard coded in FS, but just thought I would ask to verify that?ThanksNick

I think it triggers at 5 miles and I don't believe it can be changed. Try running a utility like AISmooth, which helps FS sequence landing traffic much more spaced out and hence will help reduce the conjestion issue. FWIW, I run AISmooth and Ultimate Traffic AI set to 95% and it is only the busiest of airports like EGLL and KJFK that lots of aircraft taxiing for takeoff becomes more of a queue issue than with landing aircraft.One other trick you can pull, is to edge out on the runway and, when the approaching aircraft gets the go around from ATC, you get immediate clearance to take off. Not very realsitic I know, but it helps relieve frustration when ATC seems to be ignoring you for too long :-lolGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Is it possible to reduce the distance at which FS ATC clears>an aircraft to land. I believe that the default is around 6 or>7 miles and I just wondered if it was possible to reduce that>to around 2 miles. >>Basically It would help at single runway airports by allowing>departing aircraft the change to get away before a landing>aircraft. The default 6-7 miles seems to be an age sometimes>and if you have allot of arrival aircraft the departure que>never seems to reduce.>>I am not sure of the answer to this but have a felling that I>read somewhere that it cant be changed as it is hard coded in>FS, but just thought I would ask to verify that?>>Thanks>>NickLooking at this from another angle i have traffic 2005 installed and included in this package is a tool for speeding up how quickly the AI taxis and clears the runway and this can help with landings as the aircraft get there ar..s into gear a little more promptly and allow you in to land.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>>Is it possible to reduce the distance at which FS ATC>clears>>an aircraft to land. I believe that the default is around 6>or>>7 miles and I just wondered if it was possible to reduce>that>>to around 2 miles. >>>>Basically It would help at single runway airports by>allowing>>departing aircraft the change to get away before a landing>>aircraft. The default 6-7 miles seems to be an age sometimes>>and if you have allot of arrival aircraft the departure que>>never seems to reduce.>>>>I am not sure of the answer to this but have a felling that>I>>read somewhere that it cant be changed as it is hard coded>in>>FS, but just thought I would ask to verify that?>>>>Thanks>>>>Nick>>Looking at this from another angle i have traffic 2005>installed and included in this package is a tool for speeding>up how quickly the AI taxis and clears the runway and this can>help with landings as the aircraft get there ar..s into gear a>little more promptly and allow you in to land.>cheers AndyApologies i got this the wrong way round.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

To help reduce queues get AI Smooth to control separation of AI aircraft and FS9 Configurator (by Ken Salter here in the libs) to adjust ground taxi speeds including AI exiting the runways.

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks all for the replies, did not mention that I do use FSAi Seperator. i tried to use Ai Smooth but I did not like the qay that you could see aircraft5 holding at about 1000ft 5 miles for the airport and many aircraft did not ever clear the holding pattern to start an approach. I seem to be Ok using Ai Seperatior and I have got FS config. I have increased the taxi speed from runway vacation but TBH I have not noticed a difference. I dont know if there is somethig else iam suppose todo to make this work, maybe someone could clarrify for me?.I have also increased the number of exit nodes on my AFCAd which seems to haqve relieved my traffic situation. I do like my LHr to be realistic and unfortunatley it means i have lots of AI traffic! The only reason I say about the landing aircraft is that sometimes when I use AI seperator a faster aircraft overtakes a slower aircraft on approach and issues a go around it it lands first, annoying sometimes! I know how long the departure que can get although since T5 has become operational I have noticed an improved as BA aircraft have longer taxi times if 27L/R is operational.