Sign in to follow this  

Can you loop-the-loop in the Martchetti?

Guest cliff

Following the instructions from "RealAir", and using a 40% fuel load, sometimes I manage to loop-the-loop, sometimes I get no further than almost managing it and sometimes I destroy my bird with the excess forces I impose on it.If you can do it pretty regularly I'd appreciate a tip or two.

Guest DanWalloch

I don't own it but here are a few things I go by when flying a loop: Full power, full aft stick ( you might have to put it into a slight nose dive to gain speed) and as you are rounding out the top, idle power and keep it idle until your airspeed bleeds off to around Vno. Don't forget to give yourself about 2000-3000 feet to complete it. Also don't force the airplane's stick full aft....make it a nice gentle roll out at the end.

Guest SlimDady

ive never tried a loop yet(dunno wha=y i never thought of it)were you able to do the spin atleast.. thats all I tried cauz its s ocool

Cliff,You might want to check out my review (AVSIM review archives) and there you will see screenshots of me not only doing loops, but throwing in a snap-roll at the top of the loops as well. The RealAir SF.260 is the only FS aircraft I know that can perform an accurate snap-roll.Bear!

Guest cliff

Just what I wanted to know, Bear. I'd missed your review and am grateful to you for bringing it to my attention. I share your enthusiasm for this plane and consider it to be the best Simulation aircraft yet produced. With regular use it reminds me of that feeling of familiarity I used to have as a kid riding my bike each and every day.Someow it seems to fit like a well worn glove; you know just where you stand with it.Thanks for writing such a well researched review, Bear

Remember that the elevator {pitch up}is very touchy on this airplane, so don't PULL very hard when trying to loop. Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith [h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest cliff

Thanks Randy. Something for all of us to look forward to is the prospect of, I believe, the new FS due out later this year having an improved facility for linking with an experienced tutor who can then guide us with tricky manoeuvres such as this. Or with navigation problems or whatever.Regards,

Guest cliff

I'd appreciate your comments about the facility to link with a tutor of our choice. Perhaps I could learn the finer points of loopingin this way.I believe that the new FS will have an improved facilty compared to the current version.Could you suggest where I can learn more about the subject?

If your loop is collapsing in the Marchetti SF260 this is because you are stalling due to excessive elevator input. Enter the loop with half or less fuel, and ease back the elevator after an entry speed of 185-200 knots. If the stall buzzer sounds, then ease off a little. The knack is to smoothly get to the top of the loop without excessive angle of attack. Once your speed decays you can pull right back. If you climb into the loop at around 4-4.5 positive G you should avoid a stall and the SF260 wil easily reach the top of the loop with 90 knots plus showing on the speed indicator. Best Regards, Rob YoungRealAir Simulations