Sign in to follow this  
Guest pablo30

FS9 WONT RUN

Guest pablo30

When I start FS9 I get a message "VISUAL MODEL CANNOT BE DISPLAYEDVIRGIN AMERICA A3219"Can some one please please help.Thank youPaul:-hmmm

Your startup flight is looking for a model you no longer have or one you might've moved. The easiest way to fix this is to open your fs9.cfg (if you don't know where it's at you'll have to search for it) and look for a line starting with "SITUATION="Delete just that line and ONLY that line from your fs9.cfg. FS9 will start with the default flight. From there you can save a new startup situation with one of the aircraft you still have.Regards,John

Guest pablo30

Johnis this in the Aircraft.cfg file or where?ThanksPaul

"is this in the Aircraft.cfg file or where?"My reply mentions which .cfg file to edit. Please read it again.John

Guest pablo30

John Im sorry if you think I cant read.Im new to this game and 65 years old. I do have problems finding things. I have looked at all the items that run FS9, BUT I cannot find a "fs9.cfg" listed any where. I have tried search file but no luck so far.If anyone can help please do.Sorry JohnCi if I have upset you.Paul

Guest pablo30

JohnCiI found it. I have ADDIT PRO program and they have a search engine in it.Found the "situation" line and deleated it.Thanks again for your help....:-sun1

That's great! I know FS9.cfg is well hidden and not easy to find when you don't look for it often. I put a shortcut to it on my desktop so it's easy to get to when I need it.Regards,John