Sign in to follow this  

FSIn-flight Magazine Opens

NEWS RELEASEThe FSIn-flight Team are proud to announce that they have now settled on an internal structure for the group, and that they have also gained web hosting for their new freeware online magazine. FSIn-flight Magazine will take the form of a full-featured, professionally produced online publication tailored specifically for MS Flight Simulator users which will serve to promote features, interviews, articles and reviews by the users themselves.As the foundations for the production and publication of the magazine are now firmly established we are pleased to inform you that submissions will now be accepted from the MSFS community with view to publication in the magazine.Any individuals who are interested in contributing MSFS related material for possible publication in FSIn-flight Magazine

As I frequent this forum a great deal and feel most at home here I would especially welcome interest from the AVSIM community.The page is at an "in development" state, but does have info on the FSI Team, Our Vision and Submission Guidelines.When the first issue is released it will be a full colour online magazine designed to the highest possible standards.Our hits our mounting and we already have 2 authors interested for contribution to the first edition.AndrewFSI - Editor

I am suprised that there appears to be no interest whatsoever from this AVSIM forum.I am also somewhat disheartened that not one of the people I helped personally with my guide has even so much as posted "good luck".Interesting.

Let me say that I commend you for this very worthwhile effort. After having read your RivaTuner Guide, I view you as an individual who can put across technical information in very clear and concise manner. I can only look forward to learning more and more about how to make the FS2K2 experience as enjoyable as possible.With other authors contributing helpful information on the many aspects of flight simulation, I am sure that under your guidance the information can be presented in the same easy-to-learn manner.I, for one, can't wait to see your exciting new endeavor in all its colorful glory. Do not be discouraged from the lack of posts. I truly believe that if you build it, they will come. It is certainly being put together for the right reasons, all of which, will help make the virtual flying environment seem as real as possible.I highly applaud you and other contributors who have the right knowledge to help guide us "non-techies" down the road to a greatly improved flight experience. I truly pray that your site will be a total success.Thank you and keep em flying!Keith

Keith,Firstly, thank you very much for the reply - as I have found the lack of response on this forum most disheartening :-(However, if we receive enough quality submissions then you can be assures that the site will transform into an explosion of colour for our first edition.I have the skills to put together a very professional site around the magazine and I am more than willing to produce it in my own time, for free for FS users to enjoy.But the fact remains that, unless enough submissions are received, then this venture will go nowhere - as there is no point in me putting in all the time and effort required if - franky - people seem to be, in general, totally disinterested.For that reason we need submissions of quality - and I am suprized that more people do not want to take this opportunity to give something back to the community.That said, your post has cheered me up no end - as this is otherwise starting to appear to be a thankless task.If the community is not interested, that's fine with me, there will just be no magazine. It really is as simple as that. I will then spend my time flying instead and not offering the community something back.Will shall see. But if the venture fails due to lack of interest one can bet that later posts will say "What happened to that magazine that was supposed to be happening?" (??!!)But it is early days - and we shall see over the next week whether this is going to go somewhere or not. It not, I shall pull the site.Shame - because I can assure you it would be a joy to behold.Once again, Keith, thanks for your post.Andrew TingleFSI

Oh, and I will be using spell-check for the mag :-lol

I am 100 percent , totally interested in the mag. I would love an alternative to the paper mags that cost so very much. However,I feel that us readers are just that. Readers. I do not think that most of us feel that we have anything to contribute. We have had the sim for several years now, and have many add-on items. Most of these have been covered before somewhere. I am not sure what I can contribute. Maybe if you can post what you have in mind for articles, you may get a better response. I for one, will do what I can to help.Good luck.Vernon

Vernon,Thanks for your response.We have an FAQ at our page that may well answer some of the issues you

Thanks Andrew. I think this might help. Come on people! Now is the time to write about your favorite planes, places, hardware, software, etc. I will write something and submit. I was just thinking last night, that there is nothing else to add to F.S. that I want. I am a little apprehensive about a new version in the making as I do not want to start over again. So, I guess it is time to do some writing about what I have.Vernonaka Pooter Pilot

Vernon,We look forward to your article with great interest!Could any people thinking of writing, or who are writing, for submission to FSIn-flight please email our Submissions Officer, Sam, at:fsisubmissions@aol.comJust so we can gauge how many interested parties there are.And for those who are undecided, it

He is right you know! Use your chance to tell the community about Flight Simulator. I know I will

WBA - thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.As it stands, we have received some very interesting initial responses from the community and are presently in consultation with 5 major potential contributors as well as having received various further submissions.We are still looking for people interested in contributing, however, to what promises to be a very exciting and enormously popular venture (though certainly this forum does not reflect the levels of interest we have received over the last two days).As things are progressing at some considerable pace now I would ask any further interested contributors to contact us asap to confirm their interest or that they are intending to submit work for consideration.Interested parties should contact our submissions Officer, Sam, at: fsisubmissions@aol.comIt is not to late to get see yourself in print, and to give something back to the FS community.Regards,Andrew TingleFSI Editor