Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

ALERT CAPTSIM B757 BLOCK F IS OUT !!!!!

Guest captandy

I was just at their site and they claim Blcok F is out which also includes updates to the original B757.I always wanted to get the 757 but hesitated due to the incomplete pkg but now I might be in.Hope some of you can post some feedback for us before we make a plunge ....ThanksAndy

feedback?2 years and another 32$ later here is my summation:it doesnt work nor delivers- VS is broken. you have no VSI!!!! NONE!- YD errors- fuel config errors- none of the promised lightning (leveld, pss, pmdg etc backlight)- 15fps performance hit (be aware!)- no integration between hydraulics, electrical and air systems. they are just dummy buttons, AGAIN- no visual or model updates that i can see.. not sure where they changed those but right now its another empty claim.- call buttons (ground, crew) are dummies. not even a sound effectI hope they make a patch within 24 hours otherwise i am wiping this and going back to the base block and using the gps. at least this one works; right after i file for my money back with the financial institution.... disgrace!

Duh?People tend to forget that Captain Sim is incapable of doing anything except making good looking models.

Correct, but given the secrecy and time delay i was pretty confindent they would outsource block f to real programmers......... guess not. I just reloaded the 757 after another plane just in case it might be a bug.. nope, still no VSI. its there, it just says its "off" and it doesnt work. Well i am almost about to run down to the hartsfield and go into a random 757 to ask the captain where is that hidden 757 switch that turns on your VSI.... also, no speed bugs on the ASI, they are supposedly all set automatically through the FMS. speaking of the FMS, ZFW doesn't seem to be calculated on its own when you tell it to...let me go play with the gauges and see if maybe the VSI is a new buggy gauge and see if i can replace it with the one from the base pack

Guest captandy

I never purchased anything from the given their lackluster user feedback,but I was willing to make an exception if block F worked in conjunction with the base.I know LVLD is passing us FS9 users on their 757 so I thought this was the only player left ....Andy

Dont hold your breath on ld. airlinerxp anyone?my bet is on the pmdg11 coming out before anything else

Guest captandy

Nobody agrees with me but I swear since FSX cane onboard the releases of any major a/c have virtually dried up.Updates to exsisting FS9 products for FSX does not count ....Andy

Ok time for an update.. CS have come to the rescue and this is what we are missing and why stuff isn't working..* you must align the IRS before flight for things to work *Hopefully the manuals will be back on in due time, but until then that is what is not mentioned anywhere. So yea, align the IRS and the VSI will work. So, not as bad as it could have been... just some really frustrating couple of hours due to that oversight.

Guest monsoon

one word comes to mind...."PASS". Dummy gauges huh? Any company that has a bunch of dummy gauges should be going back to fs2002. Dummy gauges are a thin gof the past and all the top leading devs have proven that.

Guest captandy

How many dummy switches are we talking about ????Is there even a FS or NS switch off lol I mean the bottom line is is this bird worth the doe???Andy

hydraulics, electrical and AC seem to have no actual effect on the operation (asides from making the efis go dark).. they just send warning messages when misconfigured. also the sim is applying brakes (the wheel variety) while in mid air at random.. not sure why that is.

Guest captandy

Basically it is a piece of s##t so for now as I see it we will wait for a PMDG LVLD quality A320 and never see a B757.Andy

that or wait till a patch or 2 comes out.. i took one for the team today... they are rewriting the manuals. i am curious how much of hte original they will remove so now they can say "we never promised you that".. wait they already did but thats another issue. so just wait and see what they fix after this initial release

You're completely right. The last true airliner released I remember was FeelThere's A330/340 sometime last year. Airliner development seems to have come to a halt. CS seems to be one of PSS/FeelThere party...Andreas

Guest davemke

POS - need I say more?Dave