Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

ALERT CAPTSIM B757 BLOCK F IS OUT !!!!!

PSS is crap, Captain Sim is crap, period.

Guest monsoon

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH guys. This kinda s--t has got to stop. Now how is the question and will people follow is the other.

Yes! I totally agree. I'm done buying from Wilco and long ago dismissed Captain Sim. Look at that screenshot of the VC, that's just sad, sad, sad. That wouldn't even be good freeware.None the less, with the money I've saved not buying any more of this garbage, I've got 3 hours down at Chicago Executive Airport paid for starting at 8:00am in a C172 (YAY!)Have fun.Regards,Mike T.

Well, I went ahead and bought it anyway, even AFTER reading this thread. Figured it was my turn to take one for the team.It is, at best, in an early alpha state.That said, what is there does show potential...some things I was even impressed by...but overall there is still so much that needs to be finished. I'd sum it up by saying that if it took them 2 years to get to where they are with it now, it will be another 2 years before it reaches an acceptable state for those that really care about the nuts and bolts details. My only other experience with CS was with the original 727, which took 5 major patches and what 2 years itself to still be incomplete/buggy in the end.They've had people banging on the glass over there for quite some time now, and it never really seemed to bother them, so I can only assume that sales for the other blocks must have really been drying up in order for them to release the panel in it's current state. Some of the issues are, after all, so glaring and "in your face" that there is absolutely no way they could have been missed.Maybe they figured the thought of getting a "complete" aircraft would sucker in some new customers. They got me, though, I fully understood what I was most likely getting myself into.That, or maybe they really just don't care at all...I really don't know. As far as the PSS vs CS question, well, IMHO it's kind of a draw, with maybe a slight edge going to PSS for being a bit more finished. Notice, I said finished, not complete, there is a difference.So if ya own the PSS757, continue on with it, as that'll be about as good as it gets for now. If you don't own either, the choice may be a bit tougher to make, though if the PSS/JF 757 can be had for a better price, at this stage it would definitely then be the better purchase, as much as it pains me to say it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

>Well, I went ahead and bought it anyway, even AFTER reading>this thread. Figured it was my turn to take one for the team.>>It is, at best, in an early alpha state.>>That said, what is there does show potential...some things I>was even impressed by...but overall there is still so much>that needs to be finished. >>I'd sum it up by saying that if it took them 2 years to get to>where they are with it now, it will be another 2 years before>it reaches an acceptable state for those that really care>about the nuts and bolts details. My only other experience>with CS was with the original 727, which took 5 major patches>and what 2 years itself to still be incomplete/buggy in the>end.>>They've had people banging on the glass over there for quite>some time now, and it never really seemed to bother them, so I>can only assume that sales for the other blocks must have>really been drying up in order for them to release the panel>in it's current state. Some of the issues are, after all, so>glaring and "in your face" that there is absolutely no way>they could have been missed.>>Maybe they figured the thought of getting a "complete">aircraft would sucker in some new customers. They got me,>though, I fully understood what I was most likely getting>myself into.>>That, or maybe they really just don't care at all...I really>don't know. >>As far as the PSS vs CS question, well, IMHO it's kind of a>draw, with maybe a slight edge going to PSS for being a bit>more finished. >>Notice, I said finished, not complete, there is a difference.>>So if ya own the PSS757, continue on with it, as that'll be>about as good as it gets for now. >>If you don't own either, the choice may be a bit tougher to>make, though if the PSS/JF 757 can be had for a better price,>at this stage it would definitely then be the better purchase,>as much as it pains me to say it.I tried to do a proper flight tonight to test it out. Sids/stars/route.. Lnav works good! BUT, after take off, vnav failed to command the plane, even though it was on?! ok whatever.. so i manually dialed the altitude and climbed via VS. So i am cruising on my way to the west coast when i return to the screen after going and doing something else and notice my plane is descending at 4000fm and its at 20k by now, doing 160 knots? #####? then i notice that the AP has been disengaged, somehow magically on its own!! and engine throttle scaled down.. I turn the AP back on and climb back out, giving it thrust. Few minutes later the wheel brakes are applied and remain on for the duration of the flight. Meanwhile my speed varied between m68 and 1.01!! YES I WENT SUPERSONIC! (n1 @90% = supersonic 757) as you know thrust levers cannot be controlled by the AP in any way so you constantly have to play with them. I found a handling flaw with the plane. It is very slow on the ground and at low altitudes but has almost no drag in the air. 5.5 hours later, i am about to land and following my lnav down the runway.. GS and loc align perfect and i hit app to do the autoland but instead i nosedive into the ground.. try it again, engage all the cmds and i get a sluggish response. So i manually land it, no time to figure what went wrong now.so i stop dead end in the middle of the runway (remember, the brakes have a mind of their own) and then FS crashes!!! 5.6 hours of wasted time. I deleted the plane and replaced it with my custom edited base block backup i smartly made prior. now i can at least FLY the bloody thing.and cs is denying all the bugs of course.. at the same time they are relatively lax on the forum censorship so i dont know.. maybe they will actually fix it? i am not holding my breath. meanwhile ill be flying using the gps and base model. sigh

Sounds like an interesting flight :)I haven't really seen them deny anything; they're just treating reports with the same "We'll see" attitude they always have, but to be honest that's not what I'd worry about with them.With the 727, they knew what was wrong, they just either did not have the ability, or just didn't care, to fix the outstanding issues.707 customers will tell a similar story.Lets face it, some of this stuff is just glaringly obvious. Watch the commanded thrust bug on the No 2, I mean, how could they not see that ?Maybe I should offer to buy them a copy of the LDS767 for reference...sure, there are differences, but it is still closer to a 757 than either of the two products we have otherwise.Ah well, I guess all is still right with the world, and CS has not failed to disappoint, yet again.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Another thing that frustrates me is that ACES hired CS to help with the FSX expansion... I bought the expansion so I supported CS and their awful business practices. Totally sucks to have ACES validate such an incompetent group of people.

>>Don't know why but I'm sure that the majority of 'issues'>you>>have will be resolwed with RTFM. And, what is even more>>interesting, most of those who are complaining even haven't>>used the product. >>>Irony in 1, 2 3>>here it is: I dont know about you but i am sure the majority>of people posting such things havent even been over to the>designer's site, else they would know that there are no>manuals available. This actually puts you on the back of the>train of the naysayers that dont even have the product. Actually they released the manuals with the original Block A/B release 2 years ago, as well as making them free prior to purchase for potential customer's review. What hasn't been released is the updates, to match what actually got released in this Block F yet. I do agree they should have been. I have no doubt they will be soon. If anything CS is very thorough with their documentation. Whatever else you think of CS, no one can ever complain they don't know what they are buying with a CS product. I have never seen any company make available so much information about their products prior to purchase then any other one. From the manuals, videos, or screenshots. So anyone who claims they didn't know what they were getting is either lying or just didn't read the available release information prior to purchase.Edit: The updated systems manual is now available on their website.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Reed203

has anyone thought of doing a CS 757/ LDS 767 panel merge. Flying the 757 with an amazing 767 panel has to be more realistic than flying it with the default gps or a buggy 757 panel. I would much rather fly a 757 with an fmc that contains 767 performance data and a few small systems differences than a 757 panel with a crap autopilot and dummy systems. Thats just my 2 cents.

>has anyone thought of doing a CS 757/ LDS 767 panel merge.>Flying the 757 with an amazing 767 panel has to be more>realistic than flying it with the default gps or a buggy 757>panel. I would much rather fly a 757 with an fmc that contains>767 performance data and a few small systems differences than>a 757 panel with a crap autopilot and dummy systems. Thats>just my 2 cents.you cannot merge the virtual cockpit with the ld gauges. If you are NOT using the VC, why did you buy the CS to begin with? That's all it has going for it............... just get the posky and put the ld panel on it. Way cheaper and way less fps hit!

>Another thing that frustrates me is that ACES hired CS to>help with the FSX expansion... I bought the expansion so I>supported CS and their awful business practices. Totally>sucks to have ACES validate such an incompetent group of>people. Aces can't model a proper plane to save their life. They got hired because of their modelling and texture abilities. That's all... we can all say this and that about them as a company but they have 2 areas in which their skills are unsurpassed. MS figured that out and since they are in the ukraine or wherever, i am sure they hired them for way cheaper than training a cad artist to deal with gmax or whatever FS10 requires

I almost weakened and bought their base 757 when they had their last sale, thinking that I could at least merge it with the Level D, but now I'm glad I didn't. Thanks to you guys who bought Block F in order to give us the straight story on it. John G.

John G.