Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

FsDreamteam - KJFK Backdoor open

At last! :) whenever I fly east coast it's only been into FLYTAMPA Boston. Rob

Rob Prest

>Never thought I'd see this 'dream' come true in fs9's lifetime Judging from the pictures it didn't come true in FS9's lifetime. It's FSX.

>>Never thought I'd see this 'dream' come true in fs9's>lifetime >>Judging from the pictures it didn't come true in FS9's>lifetime. It's FSX.They first design it for FSX, then fit it into FS9.Well, I really hope that they don't mess up the installer file again like they did it when Zurich and Chicago came up.And in addition to that, I hope for some improvements in comparison to KORD.Regards,

"Judging from the pictures it didn't come true in FS9's lifetime. It's FSX."JFK and DFW will both be dual platform, so what is your point ? That FS9 isn't still alive and well ? lol

Regards,

Brian Doney

"...I hope for some improvements in comparison to KORD."Just curious, could you be more specific ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

>"...I hope for some improvements in comparison to>KORD.">>Just curious, could you be more specific ?Sure :)First of all, I don't want to say Dreamteam's KORD is a scenery which is not worth the money.It definitely is.But I must confess I don't really like the ground textures. They look too much intense compared to what they look like at the real O'hare airport. 2nd thing. http://flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Airbus_...Video-5896.htmlHope I can post this here, watch closely when the Airbus taxies off in direction to the terminal.There's a busy street and some kind of parking garage.That's unfortunately missing in the scenery, so it looks quite strange...In some parts JFK is similar with streets very close to the terminal (I think it was jetBlue's one).So I hope they take care of it. I'd appreciate it :)Regards,

It looks like another Simflyers scenery will be deleted from my FS9 soon. After I delete JFK I will only have 3 Simflyers sceneries left (Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Houston).

oh man the daddy of them all is finally being re-made. Sure there's bigger airports around, but they ain't no JFK !

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>There's a busy street and some kind of parking garage.>That's unfortunately missing in the scenery, so it looks quite>strange...You mean THIS parking ?kord_parking.jpgI think it is, because the video you posted looked like a landing on 9R and a taxiing through the terminal to park at C23...this screenshot should show a perspective similar to that video.The parking garage it's obviously there, modeled in 3d with 3d cars on top it (it might be needed to go closer to see the 3d cars, everything in the scenery is done like to this to save fps)The road is depicted on ground, but we don't have animated cars running on it, and maybe it's better to save fps for actual aviation-related animated vehicles or AI, since KORD is able to attract in huge numbers.If you don't see the parking garage, and you are using FS9, it's possible that you have installed FT Midway, that contains a file named kord_tweak.bgl that excludes some of our objects, perhaps even the parking garage. Our installer looks for it and renames it, but it might not be always able to find it, if the area name for Midway was changed from default, so you'll have to remove it manually.

I installed Midway and then renamed the KORD_tweak.bgl.Gonna look it up later, just remember it looked quite strange last time I flew from there... basically just pixels behind the fence.

Between FsDreamteam and Imaginesim, looks like most of the big US airports will be covered in the near future. And its been a long wait.

Guest Longhornmaniac8

>"Judging from the pictures it didn't come true in FS9's>lifetime. It's FSX.">>JFK and DFW will both be dual platform, so what is your point>? >>That FS9 isn't still alive and well ? >>lol>>Brian,I must ask, what DFW scenery are you talking about? Is DT working on a DFW scenery?Cheers,Cameron