Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

Weather add-ons

Guest hefy_jefy

Hi all,I have been a user of FS Meteo ever since it appeared a couple of years back and am very happy with it, Marc Philbert has been very good about sending the latest versions and I never fly without it.But I see now that there are a number of other programs available,ActiveSky, WeatherCenter, Weathermaker etc. I have tried at least the "demo" version of most of these but I do not see any reason to change. Does anybody else have any thoughts? Do these later products do anything that FSMeteo doesn't?Geoff

Hi Geoff,ActiveSky has a support forum here at AVSIM, and this question has been asked and answered many times there.. At the least you can learn a little more about ASwxRE and its features. Come give us a visit! There is no demo for ASwxRE (not yet, I am working on that!).-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...][/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I think one of the only real "extra" feautres in Active Sky wxRE is the wake turbulence factor supposedly both from Ai and multiplayer/online traffic. This is a HUGE factor in real commercial aviation, and has even been partly responsible for some disasters (AAL587) so it is interesting to have this in your sim. As for the weather, I think they all are roughly the same, working within FS2002's limitations.I use FSMeteo and wouldn't change except maybe to Active Sky for the added excitement of the wake turbulence...Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

ActiveSky is the most "forward" and future-proof looking weather product. Damian is already working on the version 2.0 to take advantage of FS9's new weather capabilities !!!!. He also partnered with other weather experts - creators of FS Sky World - which are very talented in creating new visual effects. So if I were you and wanted to get the biggest bung for you buck in the weather program - ActveSky is the way to go. Michael J.

I have both {FS METEO and ACTIVE SKY} and have to say that they are very close but give Active Sky a couple of points more. The wake turbulance needs to be tweaked a bit more but overall it's great. Oh, and watchout for your Pitots getting iced over! Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith [h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Guest WorkingStiff

I have both FS_Meteo and ActiveSky wxRE. Until recently I was using ActiveSky wxRE for flights in the US and FS_Meteo for all other flights because the Winds Aloft function was limited in ActiveSky.Now with the version 1.6 upgrade of ActiveSky, I am now using it exclusively. A huge factor for me is the FlightWatch feature; simply by tuning your radio to 122.00 you will get both departure and arrival airport weather decoded and read to you. This is very useful in determining the active runway.

Guest hefy_jefy

OK guys,Thanks for the input...Geoff