Sign in to follow this  
Guest ibanez920

Runway Use

Guest ibanez920

Hello, folks! I have a question about AFCAD 2. Is there any way I can change the runway use when the winds are calm? For instance, in Toronto airport (CYYZ), when the winds are calm, they use runway 24L, 24R, and 23. However, in the game with the default, they're using 33R, and 33L. So how can I change that? Thank you very much for your time. :)

Guest flightsimmernick

You can tell AFCAD what runways you would like to use but you need to make sure that you have both ends of an open runway open. To set this in AFCAD you need to open the airport AFCAD, double click on the runway and there will be tick boxes that you need to tick and untick depending on the settings you want. so for example09 - open for landing, closed for take off27 - open for landing, closed for take off08 - open for take off, closed for landing26 - open for take off, closed for landingIf you dont have both ends open then you will get problems so the next step has to be done in FS.If you want to make sure that a particular end is used you will have to manually set the wind direction round to manipulate the runways end you would like to use. Do this in FS weather settings (user definded weather, change for that airport weather station only).Hope this helps!

Guest martin842

You can use the Customize Weather dialogs to change the wind direction so that it is blowing into your face when you are on your desired runway. This will work even if wind speed is zero.Martin

Hi,Sometimes changing the order of the runways in the List/Runways menu will alter what runway ATC uses. Of course, ILS runways are almost always used first.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest ibanez920

Hi guys. I really appreciate your inputs, however I wasn't referring to closing other runways. I would like the FS ATC to use the other runways under different weather conditions. But, I would like the ATC to use a specific runway for standard ops (no wind, clear visibility). Is it possible to do so? Thanks.

What Martin said! The main Runway at KOPF in Florida and the one most used is Nine Left. Real weather conditions don't always allow this in FS9, so I set my wind direction to 90 degrees and ATC always gives me Runway Nine Left when I'm coming Home. The exception to this is when I'm returning from the South. Then ATC gives me Nine Right. But I have the option to request another Runway. I usually let the ILS take me to at least 500 feet of the Runway and switch it off to land manually Bill:-roll