Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

FS9 Sound problems (crackling sound)????

HiI bought new headset with mike (Sennheiser).They are much better then my old , but know in FS9 especially when sound is louder, I hear in regular interval something like static discharge sound, crackling.When I do dxdiag test, everything is OK. Sound is clear. But in fs9 especially with for example jet engine sound (TSS CFM56) I hear this crackling sound every few seconds. When I reduce quality of sound in FS9 to medium. This crackling sound disappear.If I buy PCI Soundcard like CREATIVE LABS AUDIGY SE, what are the chances of disappearing of this sound.ThanksEdinI have this config:Intel C2 E6750MBO Gigabyte P35 dq6 (Realtek integrated sound)4GB DDR PC800VGA ATI HD2900 PRO 1GB

Hi Edin.Try reducing your audio hardware acceleration to BASIC (in Control Panel).This is a common fix in FS.

John

Guest FO UFO

same problem; I have creative soundblaster 5.1 (sbo160) I have this problem around airports and in the 2d panel of most wilco jets!!!had it for years!

>same problem; I have creative soundblaster 5.1 (sbo160) I>have this problem around airports and in the 2d panel of most>wilco jets!!!>>had it for years!I am sure i have had this as well some years ago.I would describe the sound as static like interference and in fact unless i hit the alt key quickly it would lock up the sim.I have not had this problem for years now though, but i cant remember what if anything i did to get rid of it.I also use Sounblaster the external one.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

HiI installed PCI Audigy SE, and same thing, but only with TSS CFM56-5b sounds (which are great) installed in Wilco Airbus.I have changed sounds with Synchro Soft CFM56 and I don't have anymore this crackling sound. Edin

Had this as well with TSS JT8D sounds (which are fantastic). I am using Creative X-Fi Xtreme card, btw. If I remember correctly, all I did was to lower the volume in Sound properties (small loudspeaker icon in the system tray). I left acceleration where it was - full right. No more crackling and I forgot all about it. :)Regards,Jure

Sound card problem. Replace as needed. Had that happen to me a while back

HiI don't think that the problem is with soundcard.Because, in my case, with specific sounds for example TSS, i hear crackling with onboard audio and PCI audio.

If I were you, I would steer clear of anything Creative...I've been tearing my hair out with crackling sounds for the past year or more. I've tested everything in my setup and finally narrowed it down to my Creative X-FI ExtremeMusic soundcard. My crackling would occur anytime something in the sim tried to load...like an airport coming into view or especially if I changed internal views in any aircraft. I would get a loud static sound for a second or two. Sometimes there would just be an underlying faint crackling static sound that would continue for minutes. I've recently replaced my soundcard with an ASUS Xonar D2 soundcard and have eliminated the problemIf you go to the creative website and go to the forums you'll see hundreds of posts relating to this problem. It is a known problem with the NForce4 chipset motherboards. And you'll also see that creative refuses to do a #### thing about it.Anyway...I've always had a problem with a different popping sound that I seem to get with only turboprop planes. It sort of sounds like where the wav. file is looping and starting over. I still have that along with prop sounds that seem to swirl and change in pitch. I have no idea what to do with this. I'm still working on this and if I discover anything, I'll post it here

Guest mcx1000

I also have a Creative X-FI xtreme audio card that was cracking.I turn down the 24 bit playback to 16 bits and now there is no cracking.