Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Cpt. Keith's Interesting FS9 scenery

I sure would like to have this, since it looks like I'll be using FS9 for at least a couple of years before the HW catches up with FSX.http://www.fsexcel.com/FS-eXcel supposedly is compatible with most ground texture replacement products such as Ground Environment, Ground Environment Pro, Birds Eye View and others. It also reportedly works flawlessly with Ultimate Terrain as well as most other add-on ground scenery.However, FS-eXcel replaces many water, sky and cloud textures (as well as adds many other textures enhancement features) and therefore should not be used with other products of its type is as Flight Environment.It looks promising, but I am a bit hesitent about replacing Flight Environment at this time - although I do place ground textures in importance over sky and cloud textures. My big question is, how does FS-eXcel's sky and cloud textures compare to Flight Environment's in terms of both looks and performance?RH

I am finding myself quite interested in this package as well and have the same issues as you in regards to Flight Environment, etc. I think that the only way to find out if I will like this product is to bite the bullet (that is having to restore the sky, cloud, and water textures back to default) and try it. The price certainly is right!Regards, -R.

It is a great price. I am surprised others hae not jumped on this. I might just have to bite the bullet. Why don't you try first :)RH

I already have. Had just a few minutes to boot it up before leaving home for the weekend. Loaded real time wx and started a hop from San Jose to Palo Alto. Not enough clouds to form an opinion; but the water's contrast/color from shallow to deep along the inlets of the bay was an eye catcher. Ground details may have been a little blurry. I'm anxious to get home and run the gamut on this one. Removed Flight Environment for this; running UT, GEPro, FSGenesis landclass/mesh and AS6.5.

Guest ThrottleUp

If you have a big hard drive then you can just have several texture sets. I have about 6 of them called texture.1, texture.2 etc. In a small notepad file I have small descriptions of what the texture sets are.This way as you realize that you have favourite texture sets you like you can instantly change the look of the sim. Just rename the set you want to use to "texture" and off you go. I use the same method to hop beteeen Silver Wings and the "regular" textures.

Have to admit I'm eagerly awaiting some judgement on this one, along with some screen shots if possible. The product does look promising but the Cpt. Keith web site doesn't reveal all that much. There's just a handful of screen shots and from past experience I'm reluctant to put too much into what I see on such pages. The reason for this is that it's difficult to see from marketing screenies whether it's the marketed product alone or the comibination with other products that makes it look good.Cheers/Jonas

Rick:Many of us will be greatly interested in your test results. I have a lot of tweaked scenery and texture files and add-ons such as FE and others, so I am somewhat reluctant to fully install this latest remarkable-looking FS9 add-on even though it seems full of promise. If you think it makes a significant difference and enhances the sim overall, do let us know. Thanks!JS

I installed FSeXcel yesterday and I'm quite happy with it overall. I did, however, 'reinstall' my Flight Environment settings because I prefer the more wispy CU clouds from FE, BUT those from FSeXcel were very good, indeed. It was really a hard choice. Ground and water textures have an improved 'feel' that's hard to describe. I'd heartily recommend FSeXcel most especially to those who have not installed add ons like FE and GE Pro II. I tried Real Environment Pro when it first came out, but removed it soon thereafter because I thought the colors were too 'cartoonish' FSeXcel would be perfect in place of REP.Just my $0.02, but I'm glad I bought FSeXcel.Bob

I purchased it and really like it. I fly mostly around the water and was always looking for realistic sea states. This seems to work and I consider it money well spent. Regards,Ed

Guest Jimbofly

OK - I'm officially confused. I went to the site, made the payment via the PayPal site, and now have no idea on how to actually download the product.Can someone point me in the right direction? (eagerly awaits reply...)

Not sure about an answer to that one. Hope you figure it out, and when you do, give us some insight into how you like it.Thanks,RH

When you saw the "you have made a payment screen" at the bottom of that screen there was a link to download the purchase. Regards,Ed

I have FE and GE Pro, both are excellent and I see no need to replace what already looks excellent, Chris Arrington's airport textures are also top notch, not to mention free.I will not buy anything from Cpt. Keith until he fixes Sandspit (it does not work with UT). I bought Sandspit when it first came out and it did not have any warning on there about it not working with UT (it does now). Keith said he would fix it but never did......

Guest F15Driver

Can you selectively add only water textures?Some screen shots from users would be nice.Thanks!F15Driver

Guest Jimbofly

OK I sent an email to support and very quickly got a response and a link with the product :DI'm very impressed and am glad I made the purchase! FS9 looks far better than default.Thanks Keith!James