Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Cpt. Keith's Interesting FS9 scenery

Well, I've tried it but it messed up my whole FS9, What I get is very dark, nearly a night scenery, everything is dark and only a few lights.Reinstalling the default FS9 files did'nt solve it so I have to install the whole bunch again. Thanks Captain Keith....

Guest RDalton

>Well, I've tried it but it messed up my whole FS9, What I get>is very dark, nearly a night scenery, everything is dark and>only a few lights.>>Reinstalling the default FS9 files did'nt solve it so I have>to install the whole bunch again. Thanks Captain Keith....Let me say this again... "The project is developed by FS-eXceleration Software, and Captain Keith was just publishing it!" I had no problems and only a few questions that were answered ASAP. Anyway, he is only distributing this product for another developer so if you have any issues then go blame the developer not The Captain.

Guest RDalton

>Well, I've tried it but it messed up my whole FS9, What I get>is very dark, nearly a night scenery, everything is dark and>only a few lights.>>Reinstalling the default FS9 files did'nt solve it so I have>to install the whole bunch again. Thanks Captain Keith....Let me say this again... "The project is developed by FS-eXceleration Software, and Captain Keith was just publishing it!" I had no problems and only a few questions that were answered ASAP. Anyway, he is only distributing this product for another developer so if you have any issues then go blame the developer not The Captain.

I tried posting my question above but so far no suggestions So I thought I would try again in more detail..On April 10 I purchased the "FS-eXcel for FS2004" from-- FS-eXcel, after reading the recommendations of several folks in this thread. ..I have not been able to get a download link. At the time there was no SALES HOLD on at FS-eXcel, which I now see there is.. ?It is mentioned here that CAPTAIN KEITH is selling this software but I don't see it on his website.? Here is what I have done so far---. 1---I checked my PAYPAL acct-- the $14.95 was listed as 'pending'.2- I wrote to ediversifiedholdings.com (whomever that is) see #1 below 2---- received an email from - ediversifiedholdings.com.See #2 below3- I received a confirmation from PAYPAL saying I have PAID ediversified holdings $14.95. see #3 below---4-- Finally found a way to send an email to CAPTAIN KEITH through his website without a product code. :>)) So I just asked him also..Now FS-eXcel seems to be in a 'sales hold" mode.. Can you possibly help me..? ( I have made the TRANSACTION # xxxxx-- because I don't know if I should post it in public or not. :>))I use PAYPAL all the time and have never had a problem... Thanks for any ideas...Bill Youhass ==========================================================================#1------I made a purchase by PAYPAL (Unique Transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)But this email says payment is 'PENDING" and will take until APRIL 16!!!!!It should have been practically instantaneous! I have never had this problem with PAYPAL in the past. Why is this happening this time?Please reply to- pangaia@frontiernet.netThank youBill Youhass ================================================================== #2-----DOWNLOAD PENDING PROCESSOR VERIFICATION Your purchase of FS-eXcel for FS2004 from eDiversified Holdings is pending validation. Pending status occurs when payments are made from an unverified account and the payment processor is unable to confirm the funds transfer. When your payment is verified by the processor Secure Delivery will automatically send you another email containing your unique download link.If you would like to check the status of your pending download please contact the product vendor at paypalsales@ediversifiedholdings.com. ================================================================= #3----- This email confirms that you have paid eDiversified Holdings$14.99 USD using PayPal.Payment Details-----------------------------------Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxItem Price: $14.99 USDTotal: $14.99 USDOrder Description: FS-eXcel for FS2004Item/Product Number: fseXcelBuyer: Bill Youhass ===================================================

My cfg is identical to yours with these exceptions:1. I run autogen at max2. I set my upper frame limit at 243. I didn't have RENDER_TO_TEXTURE=1. What does this do? I marked it as //new tweak in case something happens to my beautiful sim. It looks as good as yours although I don't have the addon airports with that frilly thing reaching into the sky. The weather looks the same, the ground looks the same. The only thing I don't like is when I fly at FL440 my ground texture turns into a gray block. Once I am descending it clear up around FL380 or so.Dell XPS420, Q6600, 3GB, Nvidia 8600GTS 256MB (Believe it or not, this is not enuf machine to run FSX more than 20fps with sliders at 1/2 so I stick with FS9 where everything is maxed)

Just wanted to say-- Captain Keith is now helping me with my situation.He's been great and says any issues will soon be solved.

Guest JTEK99

>Let me say this again... "The project is developed by>FS-eXceleration Software, and Captain Keith was just>publishing it!" I had no problems and only a few questions>that were answered ASAP. Anyway, he is only distributing this>product for another developer so if you have any issues then>go blame the developer not The Captain. I think this is really cute. Really.You join the forums here precisely at the point CaptainKeith is being criticized and the only three posts you've ever made here -- all too coincidentally -- are located in this thread. To make matters more interesting, your statement that CaptainKeith bears no responsibility at all is inordinately amusing. Can you say, "plantd a really excited user"?Unfortunately, your statements don't hold much water.(It's amazing what an internet cache contains....)bahbb5.jpgCorrect me if I'm wrong, but the product was sold at CaptainKeit's website. As clearly shown here, he originally stated that the software was completely compatible with the more popular texture packages. That turned out to be completely untrue, of course. Complaints and questions have come up about this at various flightsim forums, and only then does he change HIS website to indicate that the FS-eXcel textures are NOT compatible.Then, to drum the plot up even more, someone here makes a rather interesting comparison between various freeware textures and Fs-eXcel, which apparently prompted everyone associated with the package to stop sales immediately. Coincidental? I think not.I don't mind the fact that CaptainKeith may have possibly marketed and distributed a package without really knowing what he was getting into. But, unfortunately, HE marketed it on his website, SOLD it from his website, and RECEIVED money for its purchase(s). Whether or not this is the case now is pretty irrelevant. So let's just call a proverbial spade what it is and not obfuscate the matter any further.Some good news out of all this: one of the poster's above indicated that CaptainKeith helped him out with some of the problems associated with installation of the FS-eXcel package. I think that's a good thing; perhaps rdalton will now say that CaptainKeith shouldn't have supported it since he was completely unaffiliated. :)

Well what ever and where ever it comes from I don't know. 15 bucks is still not a bad price. My questions are how does it look and how well does it run on FS9?We need more reviews.RH

Guest Capt.Keith

>I think this is really cute. Really.>>You join the forums here precisely at the point CaptainKeith>is being criticized and the only three posts you've ever made>here -- all too coincidentally -- are located in this thread.>To make matters more interesting, your statement that>CaptainKeith bears no responsibility at all is inordinately>amusing. Can you say, "plantd a really excited user"?I don't need someone else to talk for me; I can do just fine talking for myself.>Correct me if I'm wrong, but the product was sold at>CaptainKeit's website. As clearly shown here, he originally>stated that the software was completely compatible with the>more popular texture packages. That turned out to be>completely untrue, of course. Complaints and questions have>come up about this at various flightsim forums, and only then>does he change HIS website to indicate that the FS-eXcel>textures are NOT compatible.OK, I am correcting you because you ARE wrong. Nothing was ever changed on my website except that I am no longer selling the FS-eXcel product. Also, Compatibility was never an issue. The issue was that some textures that were in question of being duplicates of textures found in other products. This is why the product was removed and why sales have stopped until this has been investigated. I would think that any developer would do the same if he/she was made aware of such a problem, don't you? >I don't mind the fact that CaptainKeith may have possibly>marketed and distributed a package without really knowing what>he was getting into. But, unfortunately, HE marketed it on his>website, SOLD it from his website, and RECEIVED money for its>purchase(s). Whether or not this is the case now>is pretty irrelevant. So let's just call a proverbial spade>what it is and not obfuscate the matter any further.So what exactly is your point then? Seems like you don't have one except to rant and rave about an issue that is being worked out by the developers involved. Really, this is all none of your business anyway since the developers involved are more than able to handle this among themselves... and are doing so

Well said Keith.Seems to us the reponsible track to take.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hey, Bill:Nuttin' to do with FS at all, but your car collection is....amazin'! I am IMPRESSED with your taste and the quantity as well. Hope it all runs great. [Man, almost nobody in the world even knew what a Sunbeam Tiger was !]Cheers,JS

JS, Thanks--The Ducati was my first bike--got it in 1968. sort of running at the moment.. the K-100 is my most recent. The Healy I got in 1963.. a dream machine..cream.....The Tiger-- well it's definitely a Tiger! beautifully over-powered..My taste runs way ahead of my wallet--sushi!!I couldn't buy any of them now. I have a good friend who is a great mechanic and race driver...I drive a 1997 Subaru Impreza--183,000 miles...HA!