Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Cpt. Keith's Interesting FS9 scenery

Guest JTEK99

>I don't need someone else to talk for me; I can do just>fine talking for myself.Well thanks for finally chiming in! >OK, I am correcting you because you ARE wrong. Nothing was>ever changed on my website except that I am no longer selling>the FS-eXcel product. Also, Compatibility was never an issue.>The issue was that some textures that were in question of>being duplicates of textures found in other products. This is>why the product was removed and why sales have stopped until>this has been investigated. I would think that any developer>would do the same if he/she was made aware of such a problem,>don't you? Well, this is all very likely true. Again, thank you for explaining yourself so thoroughly; I enjoy a pulpit-like tirade as much as any man. But it's also true that nothing in the form of a mea culpa was ever issued by CaptainKeith.com, nor by FS-eXceleration Software for selling the product. And, therefore, it might be just as easy to think that the developer in question wasn't "made aware" of the problem; it might just be he/she was caught trying to sell someone else's work and is only now getting into damage control mode. That's why it's important for businesses such as yours with such a long-standing record to come forward and state the matter quickly, before customer supposition gets out of hand.>So what exactly is your point then? Seems like you don't>have one except to rant and rave about an issue that is being>worked out by the developers involved. Really, this is all>none of your business anyway since the developers involved are>more than able to handle this among themselves... and are>doing so

Making unsubstantiated accusations seems to be your forte.Most simmers will see your post for what it is...a personal agenda.Why not let the responsible parties handle their jobs and drop the melodrama?:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Capt.Keith

What an angry little man you are... you know, I really pity you, and I really do mean that. I don't even want to know what drives all that self-hatred. I forgive you man.. it isn't easy but I was told to do so by my Father and I obey Him. You should get to know Him sometimes... but that's up to you. Peace to you, cause God knows you really need it.

Guest JTEK99

Geez, you're predictable. I love it when you roll out the god stuff. You used to use similar shenanigans and evasions on your own forums whenever you were put on the spot: The ol' "Gimme that Ol' Time Religion" defense. And for the record, I never made a single complaint on your forums; plenty of others did that. They got the "little man", "god" treatment, too.Anyway, enjoy your self-righteousness. Much more popular than "self-hating" and, after all, synonymous denial is always more comforting than reality.But guaranteed not a penny more from me nor anyone within earshot if I can help it.

Guest weeniemcween

"What an angry little man you are... you know, I really pity you, and I really do mean that. I don't even want to know what drives all that self-hatred. I forgive you man.. it isn't easy but I was told to do so by my Father and I obey Him. You should get to know Him sometimes... but that's up to you. Peace to you, cause God knows you really need it."Um, self-hatred: don't most religions encourage that sort of thing along with self-annihilation? I think maybe he should talk to a qualified shrink to actually understand his own self-hatred, if he feels like it.Lastly and most importantly:Matthew 6:14 (NAS)"For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you"Read the passages around this line. They're all about NOT making a pretentious show of your religion.

Guest JTEK99

I'm still in the dark as to how criticizing the handling of a theft-of-product issue is somehow "hating myself." :|

Unsubstantiated accusations of "theft of product" along with scorn and hatred directed at a developer is never healthy to this community.These forums are not a kangaroo court for false accusers to play prosecuter, judge, or jury. To this point you've posted nothing of value to the community and cast dispersions on a developer who has contributed much to the community.By the way Mcweenie, if you are going to quote scriptures, be sure to include the references that apply to scorners and false accusers as well:-)Let's all hope the mods lock this before it becomes another field day for JTEC and Mcweenie:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

JTEK99In using you as the subject, I was merely alluding to the fact that all people have some self-hatred and there's nothing wrong with that in particular. Though it can be helped, sometimes in therapy. But certainly, advocating religion, especially Christianity, which Keith's language implied, would not be the most logical choice to get rid of self-hatred. For example, the concepts of sin, the fall, heck and a redeemer who absolves shortcomings that you yourself can't make up for... and so forth. I didn't mean to pick on you. Don't beat yourself up over it :)...that's a jokeOH and hi Ron,we wouldn't want a member of team eaglesoft to look bad now would we. sorry to bring up your own agenda.And I was quoting scripture to point out a certain irony in what Keith said. I, however, do not quote scripture to make points on conduct generally.

>"For example, the concepts of sin, the fall, heck and a redeemer >who absolves shortcomings that you yourself can't make up for... and so forth....">OH and hi Ron,>we wouldn't want a member of team eaglesoft to look bad now would we. sorry to bring up your own agenda.>And I was quoting scripture to point out a certain irony in what Keith said. >I, however, do not quote scripture to make points on conduct >generally. Sheesh, if you are going to ridicule Christianity why leave out the Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and other religions on the planet?Your ridicule of individuals and lack of respect for Christian concepts reveals much about your own personal arrogance and does little for the "community at large".No Eaglesoft Team Member has responded to this thread except myself and I assure you that I am unafraid of any false accusation you might dream up.My remarks go to the fact that every once in a while you and folks like JTEK make a mockery of this community and its membership for sport:-(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

I said heck not to mock but because #### gets blocked out as a cuss by avsim, you see.I wasn't exactly ridiculuing Christianity, just pointing out the obvious. Honestly, if I believed in a perfect God I would hate myself more too because it'd be a sensible conclusion. More indisputable attributes of major religions that I would consider a tendency toward self-hatred:Islam - pride and submission Judaism - just look at Job, the prophetic tradition of a wanton Israel, and how Moses was denied access to the promised landHinduism - purity and corruption, social class I think I respect Christian concepts-which have dominated much of western thought-a lot more than you do when you merely regurgitate them. That said, religion should be criticized along with all ideas. It bothers me when people are told they are being disrespectful of religions that so readily denounce differing ways of life.Oh and hasn't keith done some work used for/in eaglesoft products? what does it take to be a member of "team eaglesoft", a number of merit badges? So you see, you have a personal agenda too and are arrogant yourself to think it would not be so obvious.

>"For example, the concepts of sin, the fall, heck and a redeemer who absolves shortcomings that you yourself can't make up for... and so forth...."The above quote trivializes a high price willingly paid for mankinds redemption and ridicules the person who paid the price and those who believe in that sacrifice.Anyone who understands the basis of Christianity would also understand why your remarks are not only offensive but also show ignorance of the faith you ridicule.The offense is NOT in a cuss word, the offense is in trivialisation of price paid for mankinds redemption.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Question#1 "Oh and hasn't keith done some work used for/in eaglesoft products?Answer: Eaglesoft, by business agreement, has used a SimFlyer Radio Stack in one product to date.Keith is the head of his own Development Company and has never been a Team Eaglesoft Member. Question#2 What does it take to be a member of "team eaglesoft", a number of merit badges?Answer: Team Eaglesoft membership requires skilled craftsmanship and personal integrity. Question#3 So you see, you have a personal agenda too and are arrogant yourself to think it would not be so obvious.Answer: My remarks are aimed at the arrogance and outright false accusations made by you and others from time to time.Unsubstantiated accusations are indeed poison to this community and I have no difficulty in expressing my opinion of such activity:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

First, it's bully payware developers that mock this community, not we, the users.I may be arrogant but at least I am not a hypocrite most of the time.I don't think what i quoted trivializes Christianity at all but instead accurately characterizes it. The logic is simple: 1 God is perfect and infallible 2 You, a sinner, are not 3 Therefore, reject yourself and worldly things and accept God's love, *******, as the only form of redemption. So, you devalue (i.e. hate) yourself for being flawed as opposed to inflating yourself and choose God. Where have you been the last 2000 years? The funny thing is, I choose the expression "self-hate" precisely because its a hard thing for people to swallow. But that's what it is, only in modern terms.And like you say, ******* had to pay the price. Humanity couldn't do it on its own and that's why God himself in the form of ******* had to save us, remember? Then the law of works was replaced by the law of faith. So you're basically proving my point. If you are truly offended by such an obvious critique then ye have little faith. I think you, as a Christian, should instead be happy that you chose God over yourself while I have made the wrong choice by not hating myself enough to accept Him. Because that's what this is about isn't it? If anyone should be offended it's me when you call me ignorant of the faith (going to perdition), but people have a way of twisting things don't they?

Whew, your failure to recognize that Christianity is NOT based on self hatred or self loathing is at the heart of the matter.Christanity is based on the fact that the price for redemption of mankind is paid by one who was innocent of sin.I repeat. To trivialize the price paid for mankinds redemption is offensive to the one who paid the price and to those who have placed their faith in that sacrifice.Whether or not you accept or reject the offer of redemption is of course your own choice.:-)While acceptance is the wisest of choices it does not follow that everyone will make the wisest choice.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

This is perhaps the strangest thread I've seen in ages. How in the world do you go from flight sim to religion? Somehow I doubt God really cares about flight sim. One thing is for sure, this community is never short of it's conspiracies and controversies. :-lol

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired