Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hedgehog

Gauge Cleaner?

Guest Hedgehog

Does anyone know of a good, reliable gauge cleaner for FS9? I am building up a lot of trash in my gauge folder...Thanks,Steve in Kansas

Have you tried searching "gauge cleaner" in the AVSIM file library?

There are a couple here in the library - search for Cleaner in the FS2004 Utilities section.For some time now I have been putting any gauges which come with new aircraft I am auditioning into the Panel folder of the new aircraft rather than in the usual FS2004 Gauges folder.FS apparently looks in the Panel folder first anyway for required gauges and then looks in the normal gauge folder if it does not find what is needed.That way, if I decide to remove the aircraft, one delete gets it all with no stray gauges to hunt down later.Hope this is helpful.

Guest ThrottleUp

For some time now I have been putting any gauges which come with new aircraft I am auditioning into the Panel folder of the new aircraft rather than in the usual FS2004 Gauges folder. I've been trying to do that but it never seems to work for me! If I do the above I get a blank gaugeless panel...but if I dump the gauges into the main Gauges folder it works.Hmmmmm what am I doing wrong I wonder!! Id really like to use your method it would save so much headache!

Guest lgvpilot1

I still use flight sim manager for most of my fs2004 problemsI just roll the date back on my pc to 2005 and it is good to goAs far as gauge cleaning goes it first of all backs up any unused gauges and then safely deletes them.It is also good for scanning for duplicate files and on several occaisions has helped me find the cure for OOM'sI just wish the author had stayed with it ,its a great bit of softwareMark

This tip originally came from Rob Barendregt - the "guru of gauges" as far as I am concerned and has never failed to work properly for me.Are you sure you copied the "contents" of any gauge folder which came with a new aircraft - rather than copying the entire folder itself - and then pasteing it into the aircraft's panel folder ?Seems basic I know but I had to ask.I always unzip any new aircraft to a temp folder first (I will absolutely not use any auto-installers) so I can move files as necessary (such as the gauges) and then move the aircraft to my aircraft folder.Hope this gives you some ideas to try.

In case you are not aware, there is a patch available at Flightsim.com which will remove the date problem so you do not need to reset your computer date to use the program.Look for fsmgr.zipI do not use the program myself so do not know how well it may work.