Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeeWang

FS Realtime UTC Problem / request

Guest LeeWang

Hi, I currently using FS Realtime V1.87.6 and have noticed a UTC/Local timezone issue in Canada. The UTC and local time offset is out by 1 hour in some parts of Canada and wonder if anyone else is having issues. Looking at the history of FS Realtime: http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/history.aspI would like to try using version 1.86. Can anyone email me version 1.86 so I can see if this will fix my problem.ThanksLee

Lol, I am still using 1.83. PM me if you need that. Otherwise contact 3D Softworks.

Guest LeeWang

Thank you,,, PM on the way.I don't want to contact 3D softworks (bug the developer) until I know it's not my setup causing the problem. Don't like wasting developers time, if indeed it is my problem :)Lee

Guest LeeWang

FYI/UpdateStill have not tried V1.86, but found version 1.83, installed it, and now my UTC/local time issue is fixed.I then just copied the V1.87.6 FSRealtime.exe into the V1.83 folder, and now all is good. I now have V1.87.6 of FSRealTime installed, and my UTC/Local time issue is fixed. Appears the problem is with the "timezone" scenery files in version 1.87.6. Can anyone else confirm this?ThanksLee

Here is a quote from the FSTime site: Furthermore, the files correct the Daylight Saving Time for areas that observe it. The entire world is covered by these files except for areas where Microsoft's time zone file is already correct. A few states in the USA do not observe daylight saving time( I know Arizona is one of the and I think Hawaii another. Maybe some of the providences in Canada do the same, that COULD account for some of the GMT/ LT differances. I just bought FSTime for the sunset/sunrise times.jerrycwo4

Guest LeeWang

And here is another quote from FSRealtime site:Latest News: Important note concerning World Time Zones scenery19 Apr 2008It has come to our attention that the latest version of the World Time Zones scenery (v3.51) which comes bundled with FS Real Time is not functioning as it should for some users of FS2004. FS Real Time itself is not affected by this issue and continues to correct the flight simulator time as it should. We ask for your patience while we actively investigate the cause of this issue with the World Time Zones scenery. Within the week, we will post a current version of FS Real Time bundled with the older World Time Zones v3.0 to facilitate a more stable and immediate fix to the scenery.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188630.jpgEither way, I fixed the problem as noted aboveLee

Lee I just bought FS Realtime but I really do not understand what problem in FS2004 that it is supposed to correct? Would you PLEASE be very specific and tell me what problem it is you are trying to correct? Thanks jerrycwo4

Guest LeeWang

"When crossing time Zones, the Microsoft Flight Simulators all change its UTC time instead of its Local Time, which can cause problems." I use FSRealtime, which fixes that problem. Now when crossing a time zone, the local time within Flight Sim changes, and UTC time remains the same, as it should in real life.It's explained on the front page of FSRealtimehttp://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/fsrealtime/default.aspLee